Bishop54

Monday Actuals: Ant-Man $6.40M, Minions $5.78M, Trainwreck $3.54M, JW $1.37M

My current projection for Ant-Man final total: 182M. So exactly where Thor is. Disappointing, really.

lmao. It won't even come close to that number.
  • Like 1

My current projection for Ant-Man final total: 182M. So exactly where Thor is. Disappointing, really.

182 million is disappointing? The movie is about Ant-Man (not even the first and best-known one)! Even in comic book circles he is a C-lister at best. 

• Like 1

I think people are underestimating just how much of a joke Adam Sandler has become

If Pixels bombs Sandler's career bombs with it. Not that I care tbh.

Adam Sandler simply isn't a draw anymore.. Now if this starred Kevin James, it might be a different story.. We bag on Paul Blart and it's sequel, but damn if they don't make $$$$

LOL. I think it would be (is) the exact same story.

Guess I haven't seen as many TV Spots as you have.. I watch the Science Channel, History Channel and Discovery and my favorite show is SEINFELD and I watch that on VOD.. Sue me.. Oh and sometimes, I think you take movie watching too serious for your own good.. Lighten up

Youre on a movie forum saying a movie doesn't have Kevin james in it.

That would be like me going to a New York Yankees forum and saying if only they had Alex Rodriguez as one of their offensive guys maybe they would do better

• Like 3

http://movieweb.com/goonies-2-gremlins-3-reboot-still-happening/ (not sure how credible the site is but just the same)

Studios really are trying to plunder the 80s bare. I sympathize with Robert Zemeckis (when did I miss all this conspiracy theories/hate surrounding Forrest Gump anyway?) on BTTF. Would anyone be surprised if Chris Columbus (or Disney) angles for An Adventures in Babysitting remake with Chris Hemsworth crossing over as Thor this time around?

So BBC polled film critics from around the world to come to with the list of top 100 American movies of all time. Only 5 movies from after 2000 on the list: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150720-the-100-greatest-american-films

And only one superhero movie on the list which is also one of only 2 movies from the past 10 years on this list (along with Tree of life)

So I wonder if a single person agrees with the order of the list.     Lots of Cary Grant and John Wayne movies on there I noticed.

Blue is the best character of the year.  B)

jason-statham.png

This summer in a nutshell:

tumblr_inline_nlg5s58zff1qhhciy_500.png

ZSETHr9.png

free-minion-money.jpg

top-10-saddest-moments-in-marvel-history

I'm a little confused that the 2nd highest grossing movie is sad while the 3rd and 4th highest grossing movies which made much less are happy.

Just saw AntMan..... I loved it. I would put it on par with the first Iron Man and Paul Rudd definitely has as much charisma as Robert Downey junior.

I'm missing something about AM.   Just not enjoying it as much as other people seem to.  

I'm missing something about AM.   Just not enjoying it as much as other people seem to.  

I think it has something to do with how much one enjoys Rudd's character growth in the film and the extensive amount of time building up to the climactic showdowns.  The climax I thought was very good, but the buildup left a lot to be desired.

You guys remember how I was complaining about how my friends kept on seeing Ant-Man instead of Inside Out?

And how my initial plans for tonight was to see Inside Out a third time?

So, I'm going to see Ant-Man again

It's grown on me a lot. I would happily watch the final few setpieces on the big screen again. 

I'm hoping I like it more this go around. There's a lot I like about it conceptually that didn't work for me in motion; but who knows? I'm seeing it at a better theater at least

This whole idea of calling movie with massive box office reminds me of an article I read that said that SW7 was almost guaranteed to make $2 billion and if it didn't make that then the blame would be on Abrams, it literally actually said that. Kind of interested to see the reaction to SW7 on OW given how many people seem to have forgotten that it's opening in December.

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 2