Bishop54

Monday Actuals: Ant-Man $6.40M, Minions $5.78M, Trainwreck $3.54M, JW $1.37M

are you sure???? it's slowing down so much i wonder if theater owners pull it out before it crosses TA. also miles away from TA domestic. i will laugh at you if it JW falls short :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ph34r:

a2k buddy, this is fine that Jurassic is doing so well but Juggernaut 2 will exceed it easily.

• Like 1

So BBC polled film critics from around the world to come to with the list of top 100 American movies of all time. Only 5 movies from after 2000 on the list: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150720-the-100-greatest-american-films

And only one superhero movie on the list which is also one of only 2 movies from the past 10 years on this list (along with Tree of life)

• Like 2

So BBC polled film critics from around the world to come to with the list of top 100 American movies of all time. Only 5 movies from after 2000 on the list: http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150720-the-100-greatest-american-films

And only one superhero movie on the list which is also one of only 2 movies from the past 10 years on this list (along with Tree of life)

Opened just to see if the superhero movie was TDK. I was pleased it was.

• Like 1

I think we know about Animation movies that tend to do well in foreign markets. Your Ice Ages and your Madagascars. Nothing wrong with that, at all, but not typically not the kind of animation Pixar puts out. They don't do slapstick very well and usually don't attempt.

Minions is doing AWESOME overseas and will finish well above Inside Out. I don't understand the defensiveness. NOBody, at least not me, is trying to lambast Minions for fun. I liked the movie ok. Facts are facts. It's doing fantastic overseas, very well domestically largely due to marketing and franchise expectations and excitement from prior films and is dropping quickly due to medicre reviews and poor word of mouth.

Inside Out is doing very well and having good legs domestically strictly because of great reviews and positive word of mouth. It's doing ok but not off the chart numbers overseas largely because it lacks the (SILLY) kid centric humor that tends to please foreign animation markets.

Decent list. The top-listed movies aren't very surprising. IMO it's a bit top-heavy with Chaplin, but what are you gonna do?

Toxic WOM, crumbling, demolished, bad movie, worst movie ever, weak WOM, most expensive marketing campaign in history.

Flop.

Universal didn't asked for WOM. They asked for more money  B)

tumblr_nrm49vnZdr1s3qhcao1_r1_500.gif

• Like 6