Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

Nice. Well if there is a time for someone who didn't love GP to re-watch it, it is likely after the new one.

I liked GP. I just didn't like it enough to re-watch. And honestly, usually if I have time I'll try to see something I haven't seen before.

• Like 7

:ph34r:

Lionsgate Ramping Up ‘Naruto’ Movie with Michael Gracey

:ph34r:

Lionsgate Ramping Up ‘Naruto’ Movie with Michael Gracey

Japan, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SELLING YOUR RIGHTS TO AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GP has the best action but RN has note action sequences, better villain and stronger third act. It's non stop acting with stylish sequences and very strong characters.

I will give you that Rogue Nation has an amazeballs third act but its still not as good as Ghost Protocol's

I think you don't grasp what a multiplier of 4 is. IO would need 362m to get a 4x and look at how leggy it is. How many sequels get to 3.0x? That would be a great number for MI5. Once again, over-expectations will make a good/great run look lesser.

I've been around box office for 7 years. I do grasp what a multiplier is. Let's take a look at competition IO faced. JW made 350m during IO's run (don't say it wasn't competition as families went in droves to JW) and Minions will make 325m plus Ant-Man will do 150m and Pixels 75m over 6 weeks. Now let's take a look at MI5 shall we? Competition will be Fantastic Four which will hit 150m if generous The Man From UNCLE 100m if generous. It's next actual competition after FF is Maze Runner 7 weeks later.

Now let's do some math shall we?

Inside Out Competition:

350 + 325 + 150 + 75 = 900m of competition

Mission Impossible Competition:

150 + 100 = 250m of competition

In conclusion if Inside Out is extremely well received and can almost hit a 4 multiplier with movies aiming squarely at its demographic totalling 900m worth of box office in 6 weeks then an older skewing Mission Impossible can hit a 4 multiplier with 70% less competition totalling 325m at the most generous levels in the next 6 weeks. Good day to you sir.

Hollywood Reporter says M:I5 18m for friday, 45+ for the weekend, if not 47+

16m FSS for Vacation which seems high to me.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mission-impossible-rogue-nation-box-812341

If they mean for the 5-day 16m sounds about right. It would've had to have had one hell of a Friday jump to hit that for the weekend.

I will give you that Rogue Nation has an amazeballs third act but its still not as good as Ghost Protocol's

GP had a really good second act therefore it had an an inevitably weaker third act, whereas RN has a strong second act and a pretty good third act, too.