Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

A crowded place what it also shares with The King Arthur Cinematic Universe and The Ghostbuster Cinematic Universe

I really don't understand the problem of having two Ghostbusters teams and having them crossover in a movie from time to time.

Since I've never seen GHOST PROTOCOL and Ethan Raves so much about it, I'm going to watch it at 6PM on FX.. Jesus, they have it listed from 6PM-9PM.. How long was the movie itself?? About 2 hours 10 minutes??? 50 Minutes of Commercials???

Yes :lol: And that includes credits :lol: :lol: 

• Like 1

I really don't understand the problem of having two Ghostbusters teams and having them crossover in a movie from time to time.

One team busts ghosts on the east coast, the other on the west coast. Then you can have international teams as well and have a major worldwide ghost invasion with all teams.

Since I've never seen GHOST PROTOCOL and Ethan Raves so much about it, I'm going to watch it at 6PM on FX.. Jesus, they have it listed from 6PM-9PM.. How long was the movie itself?? About 2 hours 10 minutes??? 50 Minutes of Commercials???

Welcome to FX and ads, They're the worst when it comes to ads on their shows and movies.

• Like 1

One team busts ghosts on the east coast, the other on the west coast. Then you can have international teams as well and have a major worldwide ghost invasion with all teams.

STILL sounds like a better idea than the Transformers Cinematic Universe :lol: 

• Like 1

GI Joe and Transformers crossover would be a good idea. It would make actual sense. Not some random Transformers spin-offs about characters nobody cares about.

• Like 1

The Robin Hood Cinematic Universe sounds like a better idea than the Transformers Cinematic Universe.

I am still absolutely baffled that Paramount isn't going with the easiest crossover-play imaginable, and doing a shared Transformers/GI Joe Cinematic Universe. I wouldn't see it, but you'd think Paramount/Hasbro would have immediately thought "Hey, we have two tentpole franchises tied to toy lines from the same company, why not cross them over?" I mean, it's happened in several different iterations of the comics.

EDIT: Someone else beat me to it. More proof that this is something you'd think the executives would have latched onto already.

Edited by TServo2049

We'll see how it holds up against FF but 200m could be in play. Worst case scenario is 175m which is decent for the genre, was hoping that it would top GP but 600m OS and 800m WW look likely, career best WW tally for Cruise and if MI6 comes out in 2017, riding on the goodwill of RN and possibly marketed as the final mission, 1 billion could happen.

Serious question here:  If AM opened with 57m and has a projected domestic total 150-175, why would MI5, which is estimated to open with 1m less, have a projected total upwards of 200m?

The Robin Hood Cinematic Universe sounds like a better idea than the Transformers Cinematic Universe.

I am still absolutely baffled that Paramount isn't going with the easiest crossover-play imaginable, and doing a shared Transformers/GI Joe Cinematic Universe. I wouldn't see it, but you'd think Paramount/Hasbro would have immediately thought "Hey, we have two tentpole franchises tied to toy lines from the same company, why not cross them over?" I mean, it's happened in several different iterations of the comics.

EDIT: Someone else beat me to it. More proof that this is something you'd think the executives would have latched onto already.

If the first Transformers spin off disappoints, they will go down that road.

Bonaventura is a big proponent of that crossover idea. The rest of Paramount and Hasbro seem to think the individual characters are worth telling stories about for some reason

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/transformersgi-joe-movie-crossover-a-possibility-says-producer

Bonaventura is a big proponent of that crossover idea. The rest of Paramount and Hasbro seem to think the individual characters are worth telling stories about for some reason

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/transformersgi-joe-movie-crossover-a-possibility-says-producer

Because Paramount is super dumb. They could easily have one movie from that franchise every year.

Serious question here:  If AM opened with 57m and has a projected domestic total 150-175, why would MI5, which is estimated to open with 1m less, have a projected total upwards of 200m?

Because of the generally better reception. The franchise also skewers older than average SH movies so it wouldn't be as frontloaded.

• Like 3

Can we agree that Mission Impossible should stop briefly summarizing the movie in the opening credits? I just wanna throw that out there.

I love that part. Gives us a context free look at everything that will happen in the movie and is only a spoiler after the fact.

• Like 1

I gotta say I love that.

I love that part. Gives us a context free look at everything that will happen in the movie and is only a spoiler after the fact.

If it weren't for trailers showing half the moments, I'd rather go completely blind, tbh, context or no context. It is a rather peculiar thing to me though

Serious question here: If AM opened with 57m and has a projected domestic total 150-175, why would MI5, which is estimated to open with 1m less, have a projected total upwards of 200m?

Simply put RN is a much better movie, its strong Saturday is a good indication for nice legs. 200m is possible depending on how much dent FF and Uncle will cause.
  • Like 1

Huh, Ghost Protocol is off to a great start on FX. They just completely cut out Josh Holloway jumping off the rooftop and skipped to where he meets Lea Seydoux.

So more like 2 hr 5 min with 55 minutes of commercials    :lol:

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Huh, Ghost Protocol is off to a great start on FX. They just completely cut out Josh Holloway jumping off the rooftop and skipped to where he meets Lea Seydoux.

So more like 2 hr 5 min with 55 minutes of commercials  :lol:

Thats so lame. Him jumping off the roof using that blow up gadget is awesome. 

• Like 2