Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

I don't see the potential for an expanded universe.

America is already getting tired of Bayformers and none of Bay's characters are strong enough to carry a spinoff.

It would work if they reboot it to actually take advantage of the Transformers universe, but that probably won't happen anytime soon.

• Like 1

Because Tom Cruise's smile is Hypnotic which would cause that surge in box office for the movie... I'm Hoping this is the same effect I walk away with in mere moments when I watch GHOST PROTOCOL for the 1st time because My Son Ethan said it was so Good..  :popcorn: 

LOL!.  A serious question usually implies a request for a serious answer.  

Because of the generally better reception. The franchise also skewers older than average SH movies so it wouldn't be as frontloaded.

Makes sense.  Thanks. 

If it weren't for trailers showing half the moments, I'd rather go completely blind, tbh, context or no context. It is a rather peculiar thing to me though

I understand your point of course. They are showing a bunch of footage from the enitre film essentially before it has started. But I think they pull it off in a way where it literally doesn't spoil anything and it is an awesome technique imo.

• Like 1

Ok, so far, The opening of Ghost Protocol saw Ethan Hunt escape from Prison and take out like 20 Guards and prisoners without being injured.. 1st commercial break in 20 minutes..

I'm curious about how this experience is gonna end

Watching WotW, such an underrated film. Unconventional blockbuster the third act isn't strong but that's because it's faithful to the source material, the first 90mins Spielberg at his very best. It would have cleared 1 billion this day and age in IMAX 3D. Still Cruise's biggest hit to date.

• Like 2

Watching WotW, such an underrated film. Unconventional blockbuster the third act isn't strong but that's because it's faithful to the source material, the first 90mins Spielberg at his very best. It would have cleared 1 billion this day and age in IMAX 3D. Still Cruise's biggest hit to date.

The kids, especially Dakota Fanning, killed that movie dead for me.

• Like 2

People need to stop trying to be MCU.

If you don't have more than 4 individual characters, each with a separate and loyal fanbase, then you don't have enough for a cinematic universe.

Sorry.

Fuckin' A.

All the me-too Cinematic Universes are gonna die. Marvel, DC, and Star Wars will survive, the rest are going to be lucky to get two films out before they die, or at least retreat back to more conventional concepts of franchise films/series.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

I understand your point of course. They are showing a bunch of footage from the enitre film essentially before it has started. But I think they pull it off in a way where it literally doesn't spoil anything and it is an awesome technique imo.

They took it directly from the TV show. (And actually, how many of them did it? The first did it, the fourth did it with its "2010s end credits sequence at the beginning of the movie", even working in the motif of the fuse running through all the scenes, but I don't think II or III did it?)

You actually thought Dakota Fanning was the worse of the two? I've never heard that one before, most of the complaints are about the brother.

The son was the worst. It pissed me off so much he returned alive at the end. :angry:

You actually thought Dakota Fanning was the worse of the two? I've never heard that one before, most of the complaints are about the brother.

Both of them were like nails on a chalkboard.  Annoying ass kids with lots of screen time are the kiss of death for your movie.

• Like 1