Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

Pretty disappointing domestic tally. At least it hit 400m, next year Marvel won't have any film coming close to that.

You really 'impress' me with your kind of 'loosing' $57m to be able to say 'at least it reached $400m...' .... not

I really do not know why anyone could be 'disappointed' in that number...

I highly doubt anyone expects Marvel to produce a yearly $400m +++ movie, really strange implies you seem to love to throw around.

Marvel Studios' worldwide average is for now $737m, dom $295m btw.

AoU ww ($1398.5m) only is ~ 8% behind Avengers 1 ($1519.6m), not bad in a year with horrible exchange rates... = ww a lot more admissions than the 1st one.

E.g. I do not expect Avatar 2 to reach the same numbers as Avatar 2 also, in such cases too often a certain novelty factor seems to play into the results. Doesn't discount the possibility, but as said: no expectations to reach it.

Is it possible your Avatar points out to a 'fiend-fandom' or is that accidentally? Overly expectations? Or...?

• Like 3

witter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

AoU ww ($1398.5m) only is ~ 8% behind Avengers 1 ($1519.6m)

People aren't looking at AoU's WW numbers.

They are looking at how much AoU fell DOM from the first Avengers. 160m drop is huge.

25% of the audience just left and didn't come back. Where did they go? 160m DOM is how much Ant-Man might make. An entire movie's worth DOM. :unsure:

People aren't looking at ...

Oh, we non US users are not people :P ?

I do understand the fixation of some users still on dom, but business-wise no one really looks only into NA's numbers

I do not think 25% people stayed away, I think a lot of people did a lot less re-peat viewings and people stayed away

• Like 4