Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

True, but if you factor general inflation then Catwoman's budget from 11 years ago is probably close to Fant4stic's.

Hmm, I thought you meant Catwomans finals of under $50m too as a start to compare those two?

I meant that as a list of the CBM bomb of their decade, not the only bombs. I think it's safe to say no other CBM will challenge Fant4stic's overall utter failure the rest of this decade.

I'd add it also bcs Catwoman, Elektra, and now FF are since ~ 2000 the only CBMs managing to get a 9% or 10% (Elektra) at RT = the bottom 3 of the CBMs of the last ~ 15 years

Jonah Hex 12%

League of Extraord. Gentlemen 17%

Ghost Rider 2 = 18%

Green Lantern 26%

Blade 3 = 26%

Ghost Rider 1 = 26%

FF (2005) 27%

Punisher WZ 27%

Punisher 1 = 29%

A movie can be good / before its time, only be interesting for a minority,.... and still tank financially. Or...

But glancing through the CBMs ratings, to even 'manage' such 'enjoyable'(-not) percentages,... that's in a way not so simple. :ph34r:

Ricki and the Flash should have a good multiplier so $3.3 million Friday isn't end of the world. Solid number for The Gift.

It's in 1600 theaters and that number is what was in line with projections and considering the audience it should be rather leggy.

IM2 is horrible.

Iron Man 2 is an atrocity

IM2 is the new SM3 on here? Because really it's not even close between those two. Like eons apart in quality. Just as it's eons apart between SM3 and Batman & Robin.

• Like 4

IM2 is the new SM3 on here? Because really it's not even close between those two. Like eons apart in quality. Just as it's eons apart between SM3 and Batman & Robin.

I've honestly never seen people calling IM2 awful until just now. Just really, really generic and disappointing.

• Like 2

Can't compare actual quality since I won't be seeing F4 in theaters, but IM2 was by no means a failure either critically or financially. Yes, it's Marvel's biggest turd but it's better rated than Man of Steel and DC is building its entire cinematic universe on that movie. 

• Like 1

Spiderman 3 actually isn't that bad. Its a perfectly enjoyable watch. Is it great? Hell no. Does it have flaws? Yes. But its entertaining (which is more than I can say about Iron Man 2)

Can you imagine if they actually still pushed ahead with the planned sequel. :lol:

Has a movie that was this much of a critical and box office bomb ever received a sequel?

If Fox truly hated Marvel and their fans they'd announce a release date for FF2 right before Marvel is set to get the rights back.

SM3 and B&R have one fundamental difference. B&R is not boring even for a second - it is bad, downright awful in some places, but the camp value is just too high. SM3 on the other hand commits the cardinal sin of being way too boring for a long long stretch of the movie, and the camp value is restricted to the famous scenes which are giffed over and over.

But truly "bad" film-making really isn't all that subjective. I don't think IM2 exhibits that.

If you're saying it's better than MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE, I agree with you. It is at least in focus and the result of work by competent professionals. However, it's still one of the worst blockbusters in recent memory.