Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Trainwreck was so fucking good; why didn't it get the hype here Spy did?

Tons of people just said a few hours ago it was on their top 5 of the Summer. I have been threatning to unleash a TD season 2 wave of gifs if it doesn't reach 100M. What do you want more? Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I think you either missed the point entirely, or missunderstood what he said. That is not what he did at all.

Yeah he did. He treated shooting the dog with the blank like it was an honorable and justifiable thing to do. No the dog wouldn't have died but Eggsy didn't know that he made the right choice based in the knowledge he had. And then Colin Firth comes in like you did the wrong thing and Eggsy being a dipshit is like “Oh I guess your right." The film wasn't good up until that point but that whole confrontation is what pushed me to the level of despising the film

Okay, now tell me how many dogs were killed in the movie.

But he is right you know. I don't think it makes Colin character a douche or takes anything away from the movie, tho.

Yeah he did. He treated shooting the dog with the blank like it was an honorable and justifiable thing to do. No the dog wouldn't have died but Eggsy didn't know that he made the right choice based in the knowledge he had. And then Colin Firth comes in like you did the wrong thing and Eggsy being a dipshit is like “Oh I guess your right." The film wasn't good up until that point but that whole confrontation is what pushed me to the level of despising the film

I edited my post. I remembered.

Haven't seen Mad Max, Spy, and Trainwreck unfortunately. JW and F7 are fine for what they are but man are they heavily flawed.

And Ant-Man isn't :P ? Anyway, we are all fine, none of us beats Ethan's crazy taste.
  • Like 1

Pop quiz, hot shot(s): how many superhero movies do I own?

I know I missed this discussion, but I want to obnoxiously contribute what I own

Spider-Man 1 on DVD only (came with the DVD player)

Captain America: The First Avenger

The Avengers

Guardians of the Galaxy

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

The Incredibles (DVD only)

X-Men: Days of Future Past

And Ant-Man isn't :P ? Anyway, we are all fine, none of us beats Ethan's crazy taste.

Ant-Man's only major problem is the villain sucks. It had fun action, a good story, and felt different than most other blockbusters and superhero movies, what's not to like?

tumblr_inline_nkc53upy2h1rimlwl.gif

• Like 3

Tomorrowland... another brilliant success story from this Summer. Fucking Brad Bird. 

I made a snide, half-joking comment today when watching the Joy trailer that you're only as good as your last film. Thus, David O. Russell is a mediocre filmmaker and Brad Bird is an incredibly awful filmmaker 

• Like 1

Quality wise the summer was pretty good imo.

There was like two masterpieces, two very good movies, and then everything else

Oh, now you've done it...ranking of the summer films:

Top 5:

1) Jurassic world

2) Trainwreck

3) Spy

4) Self Less

5) Ant-Man/Rogue Nation

Here's my point

1. Inside Out

2. Mad Max: Fury Road

3. Trainwreck