Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Again, I'll say...I called a $15-25 mil. OW a week or so ago.    A few people laughed...  ;-)

Also, so-called "tracking" has been *way* off this Summer.

Unfortunately, we'll have to resort to calling it "tranking" now for predicting flops...

The tracking for F4 opening to 55m was before the reviews came in and the director went public. 55m still seemed high but without the crumbling that happened last week, mid 40s was defn on.

• Like 1

Some really bad shit went down behind the scenes, there s no other way :

Some personal hate between Trank and people involved in the movie, Trank rumored meltdowns are probably true too, there s a reason Disney panicked and fired him from the Star Wars gig.

It s incredible that Fox & Kinberg decided to scrap half of the movie this late into production &  shoot a last minute, terrible 3rd act that will live in infamy.

It s like the movie was sabotaged on purpose, it s quite incredible if you think about it.

The reshoots are something else

Apparently you never see anyone say "Victor von Doom", like watch their mouth say it. It's 100% ADR

How late in the process did they change the name of one of the main characters?  :lol:

• Like 3

And people complain about the CGI in the movie,  :D  :lol: .

Poor guys in the VFX houses probably received the shots from the last new act in what, late June ? Early/mid July ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

The reshoots are something else

Apparently you never see anyone say "Victor von Doom", like watch their mouth say it. It's 100% ADR

How late in the process did they change the name of one of the main characters?  :lol:

Was Doom seriously not Doom during the original shoot?

Yikes @ Fantastic 4. Poor Josh Trank :( Here I go on a semi review/rant.

The first act, the exposition, was fine. It flowed nicely, the performances were (decent) and you knew it was going somewhere. Be it, I admit that the movie did nothing new in this set up; everything was "seen it before, done that before" but at least it was watchable, and had a lot of potential.

Then we get to the

one year later

and the movie just goes downhill from there. Everything that point onwards was total garbage. You can tell that it suffered greatly from the reshoots/studio messing with the movie. The final battle was bad and so cheesy, it was just... bad (no other words to describe it). I could tell that even then you knew some of Tranks original vision of the whole "body horror"

Doom exploding the heads and making his way through the faculty reminded me a bit of Alien and I liked that

but overall this lacy act was awful.

I want to see Tranks original version so bad. Not saying it will be good, but most likely better than this movie. And whatever happened to the

Doom Bots

?