WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

Yup, but a 4-day weekend where people plan to catch a movie one last time before summer ends vs this one is leaving some money on the table for sure.

I agree. It was a cheap move by EuropaCorp. T:R is gonna bomb anyway :lol: 

About to watch We Are Your Friends, at a big cinema in central London. There's 15 people here!

It is bombing here as well and here there was a massive marketing campaign behind the movie. 

I agree. It was a cheap move by EuropaCorp. T:R is gonna bomb anyway :lol:

I feel like the Labor Day weekend is just waiting for that game changing release which will cause bigger movies to be slotted there similar to what Lone Survivor and American Sniper in back to back years did for MLK day weekend.

• Like 2

I feel like the Labor Day weekend is just waiting for that game changing release which will cause bigger movies to be slotted there similar to what Lone Survivor and American Sniper in back to back years did for MLK day weekend.

I agree, I feel it is pretty dumb by the studios to not bet a bit more on it.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Benefited from F4 being garbage.

True but it's also all power of Feige. Ant-Man had a lot of turmoil from director change to d-list character and somehow Reed and Feige have put it all together. 180/320/500M WW, tremendous performance under any circumstances.  :D

• Like 2

Diary of a Teenage Girl - Liked the style and loved Kristen Wiig in it, but the message of not needing romantic love to be happy rings hollow for a pretty unlikable protagonist. Bel Powley's American accent is quite terrible too. I only realized the actress was British because her accent was so obviously breaking through in the movie. They seriously couldn't find a decent American for the role?

Edited by tribefan695

Terminator Genitals is gonna make it to 500M WW too, let's not act like that's an impressive number in today's market

Ant-Man did okay

China is holding well, I see.

Terminator Genitals is gonna make it to 500M WW too, let's not act like that's an impressive number in today's market

Ant-Man did okay

China laughs at the rest of the world. A sequel with a February or September release date looks very likely.

China laughs at the rest of the world. A sequel with a February or September release date looks very likely.

Drops have been shit. I am not sure about that anymore.

I just checked the China thread and holds have been shit :lol: Not even China can save Genitals.

Haven't really paid close attention, I guess it won't make it to 500M :rofl:

But it's gonna be close enough for us to establish that Ant-Man's run cannot be called "tremendous"

Haven't really paid close attention, I guess it won't make it to 500M :rofl:

But it's gonna be close enough for us to establish that Ant-Man's run cannot be called "tremendous"

Genisys will beat Iron Man 3, Cap 2, Pacific Rim and all the Hobbit movies in China. It is basically outperforming every single market.

Ant-Man did okay

If your film is called Terminator with 3 decades of entrenched pop culture $500m World wide is not impressive.

If your film is based on a C-list, virtually unknown super hero in a market filled w/big name superheroes then $500m is VERY impressive. 

Let's not act like it isn't. 

• Like 1

I'd say it's more impressive that Ant-Man made as much as it did with such bad advertising going for it. Kind of hope the person responsible for that terrible teaser trailer got canned or demoted.

Certainly, it's more impressive than the c list status or director shenanigans.

Edited by Orestes