WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

200 M for M:I - RN please.

Should be pretty locked now with labor day next weekend. I can't imagine it drops more than 10% for the 4 day, and an increase is very possible. Personally I've got my sights set on GP, hard as it may be. Hope they find a way to push it over if it gets within like 1m.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Should be pretty locked now with labor day next weekend. I can't imagine it drops more than 10% for the 4 day, and an increase is very possible. Personally I've got my sights set on GP, hard as it may be. Hope they find a way to push it over if it gets within like 1m.

What total do you see by Labor Weekend?

What total do you see by Labor Weekend?

Well most movies in 2013 dropped less than 10% and increased for the 4 day that weekend, and it was a lot of low grossers like it will be this year. Last year the drops were steeper, but there were a lot of movies with not so great WOM and Guardians of the Galaxy only dropped 0.7% and increased 33% for the 4 day. They've been having relatively similar weekend holds, so I wouldn't rule out a hold like that which would put it around 11m for the 4 day if it does 8.5m this weekend. I think at least 9m for the 4 day though.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

I really enjoyed MI:5 but it peaked with the motorcycle scene and went on a good 15 minutes too long after that. If the last act had been tighter and the final scene more satisfying it would have performed even better than it is now. 

Why studios never learnt the importance of tense 3rd act ?

JW would have probably only done 300m with a meh final 30 minutes.

Well most movies in 2013 dropped less than 10% and increased for the 4 day that weekend, and it was a lot of low grossers like it will be this year. Last year the drops were steeper, but there were a lot of movies with not so great WOM and Guardians of the Galaxy only dropped 0.7% and increased 33% for the 4 day. They've been having relatively similar weekend holds, so I wouldn't rule out a hold like that which would put it around 11m for the 4 day if it does 8.5m this weekend. I think at least 9m for the 4 day though.

Any chance that MI5 overthrows SOC for #1 next weekend ?  :ph34r:

Any chance that MI5 overthrows SOC for #1 next weekend ?  :ph34r:

Really none. War Room is likely to increase its theater count, which should give it a sub-15% drop over the 3-day. And Compton should drop 20-25% over the 3-day.

Next weekend is looking like:

1. War Room: $10.5 million/$13 million ($27 million) 
  2. Straight Outta Compton: $10 million/$12.5 million ($150 million) 
  3. Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation: $8 million/$9.5 million ($183 million)
  4. No Escape: $5.5 million/$6.5 million ($18 million) 
  5. The Transporter Refueled: $4.5 million/$5.5 million 
  6. The Man From UNCLE: $3.5 million/$4.25 million ($40 million)
  7. Jurassic World: $2.5 million/$3.25 million ($647 million)
  8. Ant-Man: $2.5 million/$3.25 million ($173 million) 
  9. Sinister 2: $2.5 million/$3 million ($22 million) 
  10. A Walk in the Woods: $2.25 million/$2.75 million ($4 million) 

The premise of Civil War is infinitely more interesting than AoU's ever was. So that could certainly mitigate a significant potential decrease if we're treating it as TA3. If it's really good it could beat it.

The Captain America movies have been the best written. TFA was good, but then WS came out and was even better. WS especially had such strong word of mouth now because of how good the reviews were, on top of the exploding popularity of Marvel films. Because of that, Civil War is going to overperform, imo. I never even cared for Captain America as a super hero, but those strong reviews pulled me in. I watched them just this summer after seeing AoU. He will do a lot better overseas than the previous two movies.

Btw, on War Room, I think the drop today will be pretty insignificant. A lot of churchgoers will go after church to see the movie (probably many sermons mentioning the movie).

Edited by Guerilla713