kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

Just now, Barnack said:

IF I understand the Q&A clip correctly (short sentence without the question) it does seem that:

Hide contents

The movie will not use the color view coding of people emotions, music, street

Good decision imo, it would have been hard to pull off and the marketing could have made it look like magic/superhero stuff and be misleading.

Yeah, some people on twitter are upset about that, but I'm really glad. They can just make her unusually perceptive or empathetic or something.  It would have been distracting.

2 minutes ago, trifle said:

Yeah, some people on twitter are upset about that, but I'm really glad. They can just make her unusually perceptive or empathetic or something.  It would have been distracting.

And it is not something the books really committed too, in the second book it is not really important or even mentioned that often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trifle said:

Try opening this linked article in google to translate. Sort of spoilers, though.

https://twitter.com/Ice_of_Jade/status/860860077669994496

According to Google translate, it does indicate that Jen and Edgarton etc will be at the German premiere.  However, I wonder if it means they also are in the movie.

I think it says that the film will be released on March 1st in Germany, not that there will be a Premiere in that country. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

I think it says that the film will be released on March 1st in Germany, not that there will be a Premiere in that country. 

Yeah, I meant that google translate says Jen and Edgerton etc 'will also be there'. I think possibly the article just is ending by saying who else is in the movie, not that they necessarily will be physically present at the first showing.

https://twitter.com/QueenJlaw62/status/860952792198000640

fanmade:

C_K3qAwXcAAAaTO.jpg

Edited by trifle

12 hours ago, trifle said:

Yeah, I meant that google translate says Jen and Edgerton etc 'will also be there'. I think possibly the article just is ending by saying who else is in the movie, not that they necessarily will be physically present at the first showing.

The article says they announced the German release date (March 1), and lists the cast.

• Like 1

There's a little video footage of Jen filming at this link

https://twitter.com/JenLawFilms/status/861254748158263296

and there are a lot more still shots of her on twitter

Jennifer Lawrence on the set of (src: ) #3

C_PSDG2XUAIOME-.jpg
C_PSDGpXoAQASQp.jpg
C_PSDGwWAAAdOam.jpg
C_PSDGyXsAIpubQ.jpg

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

They wrapped filming.  I'm assuming this is from the wrap party and that Woody is there as a friend of Jen's and FLawrence's

C_pk8GwWsAAZqnj.jpg

edit: apparently the guy is the new Han Solo, and Woody plays his mentor, so maybe the two productions knocked into each other.  The other woman is Laura Jen's best friend and assistant.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

according to google translate

Rigorous training
Lawrence followed three months of intensive ballet training to steam ready for the role of Dominika. Director Lawrence: "She trained between three to six hours a day with dancers, dieticians and fitness experts to make her body more flexible We had a great team in New York that has for years working with the ballet in New York, we have.. moreover a double for Jennifer to take the difficult scenes for her account, because you can not expect you after three months primaballerina are. a number of visual effects will also be added. " 

Besides Lawrence play Joel Edgerton, Jeremy Irons, Charlotte Rampling and "our" with Matthias Schoenaerts. The Antwerp assume the role of Dominika's uncle Vanya Egorov. Lawrence: "I do not give away too many spoilers, but Matthias plays its fledgling uncle in the film They do a very interesting relationship after, and that's exactly why I wanted to cast him Matthias has a lot of charisma, he is sexy... , intelligent and I knew he would fit very well on the screen with Joel Edgerton. I'm very, very happy with the result. " (laughs) 

more at link: https://m.hln.be/showbizz/hln-in-hollywood/matthias-schoenaerts-speelt-nonkel-van-jennifer-lawrence-en-ziet-er-uit-als-vladimir-poetin~abd45dbe/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=showbizzophlnbealtijdenoveralalhetnieuwsoverjouwfavorietesterren&utm_source=dlvr.it

I agree Schoenaerts can come across as sexy, and wonder why he wasn't picked as Nate.  But then I've only seen Edgarton in Loving and maybe he wasn't supposed to come across as sexy there.

• Like 1

Red Sparrow Director Talks Working with Jennifer Lawrence Again

Francis Lawrence —RUBEN V. NEPALES

LOS ANGELES—Seldom has footage made us excited to see the finished film. When Francis Lawrence showed us 18-minute footage of “Red Sparrow,” starring Jennifer Lawrence as a Russian prima ballerina-turned-spy, at the Ham Yard Hotel in London, we wished the spy thriller was done already so we could watch the rest of the film.

Footage of the movie, based on the book of the same title by Jason Matthews (a former CIA agent), looked suspenseful, engrossing and sexy. Jennifer’s sultry Dominika Egorova is a top ballerina whose serious injury ended her career and forced her into a spy career that made her cross paths with a CIA officer whom she falls for.

“We have a fantastic cast—Joel Edgerton, Matthias Schoenaerts, Jeremy Irons, Charlotte Rampling and, of course, Jenny Lawrence. This is now my fourth film with Jennifer. The big thrill for me is that it’s the first movie outside ‘The Hunger Games’ that she and I have collaborated on.

“So, to see her transform in a brave way and truly push herself into a new territory has been one of the most exciting things about this project.”

After the footage screening, which was received with cheers and applause, Francis revealed their final location sites...

A lot more at link.  He looks different with glasses.

Edited by trifle