kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

On 2/26/2017 at 11:13 AM, misafeco said:

Translation:

The Story of the Red Sparrow

In Russia (led by Vladimir Putin) an intelligence officer (is it the right word for it?) Dominika Egorova tries to survive in the jungle of the post-soviet intelligence. She just finished the "Sparrow school" (where they train the students in seduction for intelligence purposes) and her first mission is to spy on CIA agent Nathaniel Nash. He is the contact person of one of the most valuable American spy who is a mole among the Russians.

The story starts from Russia through Finland, Greece and Italy to the United States. Egorova and Nash find themselves in a "mortal crossfire" (don't know the right expression, whatever), where not only their life but also others are in danger. Secret oaths are made and broken, while every intelligence is getting into danger from Moscow to Washington.

@trifle @A District 3 Engineer @ChrisTelclear

@Arlborn apparently I can't add a quote once I save my post but above is the most detailed description we have, not counting the book, which I consider a spoiler.

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

LMAO, true! I noticed it yesterday, but I didn't know why they made it uglier. :lol:

They probably wanted it to look a little less like a well known landmark and a little more like the Soviet metro. :P

Edited by trifle
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, antovolk said:
  Hide contents

He appears in RS though for a cameo essentially, no?

Spoiler

If he does, I don't remember it.  I remember he is discussed, in terms of people wanting to avoid his anger, and wanting his favor.  Now that you mention it, her sleazy uncle might have gone to a meeting with him in the beginning briefly, but it wasn't important to the story the way his influence is in the second book.