kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

8 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Is there an official synopsis? Will this be a thriller, a full-on action film, or what?

I am always up for an action-heavy, female-centric movie, so this intrigues me...

It seems like a full on action movie. The book is heavy with spycraft. 

On further thought, I think the trailer is likely to be with Kingsman since that is also a Fox movie.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Is there an official synopsis? Will this be a thriller, a full-on action film, or what?

I am always up for an action-heavy, female-centric movie, so this intrigues me...

The book goes really in The Wire/Spotlight level of spy craft on the realistic day to day working of an spy, haning inside embassy, days of work just to meet a contact without being followed and so on, political thriller with some action sequence and they should not be Mission Impossible/Bond set piece type, more like Bournes first movie fight scene. The love story is also a big element.

The book is also a 2 header, not necessarily female-centric, Joel Edgerton is a big characther with almost half the story told from is point of view.

Will obviously depend what they will focus on and how it will be adapted, but it should not be Atomic Blonde/John Wick type of action movie, not Tinker Tailor Soldier either, closer to the middle, to something like Salt being maybe the closer equivalent that come to mind, but more realistic and grounded in the current days Putin Russia actualities and news.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Looks awesome, and I will definitely see it, but I am going to sound like a broken record now: this teaser totally makes me think, "Curse you, Marvel Studios, for never doing a Black Widow solo film! And curse you, Perlmutter! Hope you rot in hell!" :angry:

Since I buy JLaw as an action star and don't buy Scarlett as one at all, I'm happy that JLaw is doing BW justice even if in a non-Marvel movie. if anyone should be cursed, it's Fox for refusing to release Emily Blunt from Gulliver contract when she was offered BW. 

That said, we need screen caps. JLaw looks hot af. 

Edited by Valonqar