WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

Excited to see whether Martian can take October record... If that's the case, what a year! 6 months' records (Jan, Feb, Apr, June, Sept, Oct) broken in a single year! What's astonishing is that more records can be broken in the remaining 2 months

It is still embarrassingly bad and the numbers are something the studio wouldn't want to appear in the papers.

Box office numbers rarely appear in the newspapers I've read, in fact I think most newspapers stopped showing box office numbers a long time ago.

• Like 1

Just got back from The Martian, what a great movie. Matt Damon knocked it out of the park. Even my dad who's hard to please liked it. And I come home to The Martian reaching 18M on Friday.

RIDLEY SCOTT. HIS POWER.

• Like 1

Everest just plunged this weekend upon losing IMAX. That is a big drop for a movie which was pretty well received by all accounts. Guess the depressing ending didn't help at all (despite it being based on a true story), and the lack of any major money shots to include in the marketing campaign definitely hurt. Around a 45M finish domestic looks likely.

It's going to have less than half the audience the IMAX Everest film from the 90s had.

It's going to have less than half the audience the IMAX Everest film from the 90s had.

New Everest will have half the audience of the first Everest movie, and the new Everest's widest theater count is 3,006 theaters compared to the 62 theaters of the first Everest film. Embarrassing! :slaphead:

New Everest will have half the audience of the first Everest movie, and the new Everest's widest theater count is 3,006 theaters compared to the 62 theaters of the first Everest film. Embarrassing! :slaphead:

Well... It was in theatres for 77 weeks

Nolan won't do a scifi space movie next. He loves killing off wives in new, exciting genres

Christopher Nolan directs Toy Story 4, in which a grown Andy is traumatized after his mom dies of cancer and withdraws into a childike catatonia.

Michael Caine naturally voices Andy's psychotherapist.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

The trailers I got with The Walk were:

- Secret Life of Pets: good reaction

- SPECTRE: feels like the marketing is a step below Skyfall

- Joy: what the?

- The finest hours: Boston accents everywhere. The trailer pretty much spoils the movie

- In the heart of the sea: looks to be native IMAX in some scenes. Doesn't look particularly appealing though.