WrathOfHan

Weekend Thread | Official estimate: The Martian 55M. Rth Sunday Est Pg43: 13.4M. Gravity will remain October OW record holder.

If both miss, it'll be:

Anomalisa 

When Marnie Was There 

Shaun the Sheep Movie

The Peanuts Movie 

Obscure indie film

Not that both would miss. Only one would - at least one Pixar should make it. 

It would be pretty ridicolous if Inside Out missed, considering Brave got a nom, and it's one of the most acclaimed films of the year.

• Like 1

I was actually thinking it would be funny and not entirely impossible if one of the two Pixar's makes it to BP noms, and the other one is the only one in the animated category. So like IO would be a BP nom, but not even nominated for animated feature.  :P

That would be actually kinda amazing, honestly.

• Like 1

It would be pretty ridicolous if Inside Out missed, considering Brave got a nom, and it's one of the most acclaimed films of the year.

I still say TGD and IO are gonna screw with each other somehow. I think there is a certain contingent of the voters that adore Pixar, and that love will have to be divided for the first time ever. 

• Like 1

I cannot see Minions or HT2 being nominated at all especially when there are much better movies to choose from. 

As for The Martian, I think technical awards are likely but FOX already has Joy, Bridge of Spies and The Revenant as their awards showcase but then again given that moved up The Martian showed they were confident that thought it was going to be a hit so maybe they'll give it a push for BP and maybe best actor for Matt Damon

@giteshpandya

#TheMartian topping BO tonight heading to about $17M, same as Interstellar. Opening wknd going to around $47M.

10/2/15, 7:15 PM

OW should go a little higher I'd think. This is like Interstellar, if people had liked Interstellar

• Like 3

I'm at a loss for words right now

Good or bad?

I cannot see Minions or HT2 being nominated at all especially when there are much better movies to choose from. 

As for The Martian, I think technical awards are likely but FOX already has Joy, Bridge of Spies and The Revenant as their awards showcase but then again given that moved up The Martian showed they were confident that thought it was going to be a hit so maybe they'll give it a push for BP and maybe best actor for Matt Damon

Disney is in charge of Spies' campaign.

Oh yeah, I forgot that disliked movies can easily pull 4x multis in today's climate. 

P.S.: How dare you make me have to defend IS as beloved.  :apocalypse:

Disclaimer: Any Nolan-related comment typed out by me is solely intended to troll Pink

Here, have a Point Break trailer as an olive branch

• Like 3

Some of you talking about Inside Out missing Best Animated Feature, really?

Inside Out is more likely to win Best Picture than be not nominated for Best Animated.

Then maybe TGD will get shafted. Something kooky will happen as the result of those two competing together, mark my words. 

I was actually thinking it would be funny and not entirely impossible if one of the two Pixar's makes it to BP noms, and the other one is the only one in the animated category. So like IO would be a BP nom, but not even nominated for animated feature.  :P

Reminds me of my brief hope during Oscar noms during the break that LEGO would be nominated for Screenplay after the animation snub lol

• Like 1

HT2 and Minions won't be nominated. Their studios will just have to be happy with the mountains of cash their movies made.