kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Not a fan of Jlaw's, but goddess Pfeiffer is irressistible to me. 

So, nobody really knows what the plot is? I was assuming that Pfeiffer was playing the titular parent...

All we have is bits and pieces.  The basic description is a couples tranquil existence is interrupted by uninvited guests.  That could be just about anything, but here's what we know:

Bardem and Lawrence are a couple, and it appears Pfeiffer and Harris might be a couple, possibly JLaw's parents, but we really don't know for sure.  This is based on some descriptions by someone who shot a scene with them. There's a really bizarre scene that may involve rape, or some sort of violence, involving Bardem and Lawrence.  The scene has been described by various extras and others involved in the shoot. There was a shot of bugs on a table at one point, and we know there are some digital effects because Aronofsky was lamenting he has to shoot with digital cameras to accommodate the EFX and didn't like it much.

Beyond that, we've got nothing.

• Like 1

Edited by trifle

9 minutes ago, trifle said:

If this is accurate, that is a month before it is released in the US, but the same week as the Venice Film festival. I'd have to avoid the internet though!

Je Suis mort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BastienGiot said:

For once an Oscar contender get a release before end of January or February in France...

Agreed. If it's in January then it decreases my chance of seeing it in time for the Oscars or Boffies or anything like that.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2017 at 5:29 PM, trifle said:

It would also imply that we would get a trailer very soon...

The movie comes out in 2 months, they need to pick up their marketing.

Basically begin their marketing, not pick up :lol:

Edited by stephanos13
  • Like 1

Someone at Awards Watch is creating chaos in the mother! thread and is PMing this to AW members, seems legit, it seems to be the synospsis from the Venice festival :

Spoilers, if you dare !

:excited:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Someone at Awards Watch is creating chaos in the mother! thread and is PMing this to AW members, seems legit, it seems to be the synospsis from the Venice festival :

Spoilers, if you dare !

Reveal hidden contents

Been following that.  Looks like it has potential to be really good.  Only question now is if it's good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Spoilers, if you dare !

Yeah, I saw that.  Odd name for Bardem but otherwise seems legit.  Odd name for Jen too, actually. Wasn't sure if we were allowed to post it here.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, trifle said:

Yeah, I saw that.  Odd name for Bardem but otherwise seems legit.  Odd name for Jen too, actually. Wasn't sure if we were allowed to post it here.

I will say that the person who leaked this apparently PMd more information to someone, indicating that Pfeiffer has the juciest supporting role, and it does appear from the screen shot that her billing is right after Jen and Bardem's, assuming that screen shot is real.

This makes sense because Aronofsky is on record in an interview as viewing Pfeiffer as one of his favorite actresses.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1