kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

20 hours ago, straggler said:

Watching people overreact to every rumour regardiing this film justifies this film's existence as much as anything. It is actually fun to watch. Just a theory but is it possible that Jlaw does not care about awards, just doing movies that interest her? She already won a best actress Oscar at 22. Maybe doing an odd or quirky film it what she is interested in.  Maybe while everyone else is trying to place her film's in an awards category she does not really care as much.   

I get the feeling she gives zero fucks about all of that after 4 nominations and a win.  Many actresses go for 30 years before winning an oscar, e.g., Julianne Moore, she did it at 22. She's just doing projects that she finds interesting, and this one sounds really different.

From Kentucky , with Love.

“It’s been a tougher process – we’ll be cutting about 60 films from what we would have had in previous years – but what this has resulted in is a very strong list of films that still has the range and diversity we’re looking for. It was a challenge, I’m not going to lie, but I think it worked.”While it is too soon to see films that directly address politics in the wake of Donald Trump’s inauguration as US president, Bailey had this to say: “What you will see at festivals are films that certainly can be read one way or another as allegories. There are films that are extreme and intense that might feel of this moment. Darren Aronofsky’s mother! is unbelievable, and on the other hand Guillermo del Toro’s film [The Shape Of Water] is much gentler but also could be read allegorically in many different ways.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17488-1345043312-21
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, pepper83 said:

I think this might be my most anticipated movie this year. An intense, dark, crazy Aronofsky film ...and that cast :drool: Bring it on!

Mine me too but unfortunately it's not out to November where I am.

• Like 1

Mother! is going to Venice in competition! :D

Paramount feared spoilers and initially didn't want to make the festivals run and that's why the new release date :)

Can't wait. This is gonna be soo good!

• Like 3

Woot, Venice!!!!!

And you have missed SOOOOO many ups and downs on this movie because @Water Bottlelocked me out.  This account is far more secure than my bank which seems a bit like Aronofsky's secrecy in the overkill department, but I might just be miffed because the security questions and 'email for access' links weren't working for me so I couldn't log on for several days. :badday:

Which might have been @Water Bottle's way of sparing the rest of you, for all I know...

On 7/25/2017 at 9:32 AM, AJG said:

I thought we as a society were over Jennifer Lawrence...

What an odd notion! :rolleyes:

On 7/25/2017 at 3:58 PM, Lizzy said:

Mine me too but unfortunately it's not out to November where I am.

It's moved up pretty much everywhere.

8 hours ago, pepper83 said:

Mother! is going to Venice in competition! :D

Paramount feared spoilers and initially didn't want to make the festivals run and that's why the new release date :)

Can't wait. This is gonna be soo good!

Yep!!!

I am sorry they aren't releasing the current trailer online, I couldn't find a Dunkirk near me that had it, and I wanted to look closely into Jen's eyes at the end to see if anything was reflected there like the faces reflected in the more high resolution version of the poster released lately. They say he released this trailer at the Alamo Steakhouse theaters because they will kick you out if you so much as pull out your phone in the theater.

But you don't even have what WAS released online, or the instagram with the sound effects that come up when you click parts of the poster.....and Aronofsky is on this road tour which will end on the day the trailer is released next week (the 3rd according to some Mexican publications, per JenLawFilms).  He is dropping clues.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Harley said:

That release date is depressing. This sounds like a better Halloween movie.

I didn't like the release date when I first heard of it, but it completely makes sense in terms of Aronofsky's secrecy and deciding to do a festival run.  Paramount's initial reluctance to open in festivals for fear of spoilers was likely why Variety was 'certain' mother! wasn't going to Venice.

I have absolutely no problem with the release date, at this point.  March used to be considered a bad month to open in as well, I believe.

• Like 2

I couldn't keep myself from listening to it. That and the image and lines from the transcript are all over my twitter timeline.  Michelle sounds practically demonic, and Jen is amazing (imho, of course!)  I can't wait to see them facing off against each other!

• Like 1