kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

2 minutes ago, straggler said:

Helps to be a cinephile. We will not see something like this anytime soon. It was jaw-droppingly insane. Still amazed someone made this.

I am too, just haven't seen the movie yet.  Maybe I will feel that way, but maybe I won't.  I doubt I will like is as much as you seem to, but never know

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

You have got to be kidding.

People have already mentioned how this flopping will not impact Jlaw's career in the least, and I'll say this: I LOVE Lively, and her Hollywood profile was certainly boosted by the success of The Shallows, but Jennifer Lawrence is still the Hollywood starlet most likely to get sent the hottest scripts in town and cast in the hottest properties around. She has the box office numbers and the awards luster. Livelty might get there eventually, but she still is not on the same level as Jlaw, stardom-wise.

yeah, im trolling with blake, i doubt she'll ever come to close to jlaw's peak or get an oscar nom, but she's so underrated because of her looks

43 minutes ago, straggler said:

Rex Reed labeled this the worst movie of the century. Future classic confirmed. 

Reed (messy as he is) can sure write a blistering negative review (filled to the brim with SPOILERS)

http://observer.com/2017/09/darren-aronofsky-mother-worst-movie-of-the-year/

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Don't read the Cleveland Plain Dealer's review because it spoils the films most shocking moment in the first sentence. The author is defending what he wrote in the comments by saying the film has no spoilers. Fucking asshole.

Kinda. To anyone raised with the materials this film is based on I can see how there wouldn't be full spoilers, but the true spoilers lie in how events take place rather than what the events are.

2 minutes ago, Jeriosnal said:

This might actually damage Lawrence's career, as audiences will not trust her judgment after this.  If she isn't in the Tarantino movie, ooh boy.  Red Sparrow could be lousy, and then Kinberg's X-Men movie?  

it won't damage her career because not enough people will see it.

• Haha 1