kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

A review on RT. I'm LMAO :rofl:

In left the theater extremely angry that I had to sit through this.audiences deserve to claim their money back if they paid for this.pretentious is the right word.easily in top 10 worst moviea I've ever seen and I've seen the room.maybe james Franco will star in film about this too

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Jeriosnal said:

This might actually damage Lawrence's career, as audiences will not trust her judgment after this.  If she isn't in the Tarantino movie, ooh boy.  Red Sparrow could be lousy, and then Kinberg's X-Men movie?  

Nah. She is getting best in career reviews, Oscar caliber performance reviews even from critics who dislike the movie. (Well maybe nor Rex Reed, but whatever). This is the type of film that pays dividends. Haters may not like the movie, but the performance is all in. A few years down the line people revisit a film like this. And a performance like this. A nice deposit in the career bank as the WSJ noted. 

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

I've gone from looking forward to mother! to not wanting to watch it at all. Will likely skip it completely unless it's lucky enough to get a Best Picture nomination.

See the film. Pay for the most expensive ticket you can find and experience the overwhelming anger that’ll come with your inevitable crippling regret.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, AJG said:

See the film. Pay for the most expensive ticket you can find and experience the overwhelming anger that’ll come with your inevitable crippling regret.

No thanks. Once I read about it's...takes on religion....I'd rather spend my money and see It.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

No thanks. Once I read about it's...takes on religion....I'd rather spend my money and see It.

yeah I haven't read anything about this movie, just saw the trailer and the bad trailer attached with IT, but I had a chance to see it for free and I just didn't feel like it.   But I can still see it for free so many tomorrow or Sunday.  I'm going in open so it will pass or fail on its own to me.

Edited by 75livesinDerry

14 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I've gone from looking forward to mother! to not wanting to watch it at all. Will likely skip it completely unless it's lucky enough to get a Best Picture nomination.

If you like classic films you will probably like it. I'm glad I saw it. Seeing it again. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Audience Score is 50% on RT. Yeah, I think toxic word of mouth is coming.

Keeps dropping too which I expect it to do even more over the weekend and no it's not trolls, if you go on Flixster and read the reviews. 

5 hours ago, raegr said:

Drive/It comes at night scenario?

Definitely another It Comes At Night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

There's tons and tons like that and Twitter was already going off last night. I really do feel bad for anyone who has to see this (due to not being able to get into IT - if it's sold out) and expecting a horror movie.

I came in expecting a horror film.

I left having seen a horror film.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, straggler said:

Takes some significant art to piss people off like that. 

It's not just the film. It's the deceptive marketing again just like It Comes At Night. Go on Flixster and look at the reviews of the people who hated it. 

This is what happens when you trick an audience with trailers like that and a lot of people saw that "You'll Never Forget" one in front of IT last weekend. You might do alright OW but WOM after is bound to be toxic.

And I didn't need to go on Flixster to hear "Oh my god. That was the worst movie I think I have ever seen." I heard it in person leaving the theater last night.  

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I came in expecting a horror film.

I left having seen a horror film.

giphy.gif

You're going to be in a very small minority of people who see this and classify it as that. I guess a documentary about humans overpopulating the planet or climate change could also be considered horror to some people. Sorry don't fall in that category. 

Edited by somebody85