WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Has anyone ever built such an impressive resume in such a short time as Jessica Chastain? I mean even the "disappointing" Crimson Peak is well received by the standards of the genre, and it's from a director whose name is cool to have on your cv. 

Edited by Boogie Nights

Damn good numbers for Crimson Peak. Good thing Goosebumps managed to get 2M more than Pan, but it's still too early to say where it could land. 18M is probably the floor at least.

It's 1:30pm Pacific, all these numbers could significantly change by the end. Pan was also looking at 6-7M in the early update last week.

Not a bad weekend at all, really, if these numbers were to hold. Sure, no big numbers, but three movies looking to finish high teens/low 20s AND a holdover doing 20+? Pretty damn spiffy for October. Solid month in general.

Also, that Steve Jobs number is absolutely bonkers. 

Edited by cmasterclay

Guys, I'm pretty sure those Star Wars times are a misprint. They're just late-night Thursday times that are being read as Thursday AM instead of Friday AM.

That's what I thought too, and that could very well be the case, however, there is a lot of movie theaters having it start right at 12 or 12:01. I know they would have similar showtimes across the board, but every theater having a showing starting at midnight (with it not being the 1st screening) would be a little odd.

Shitty October is shitty but queen Jessica Chastain shall rise this weekend. Hopefully. If early estimates don't change significantly. 

"Shitty October" is on pace to be the second biggest October ever, breh. 

• Like 1

"Shitty October" is on pace to be the second biggest October ever, breh. 

But no OW records, no movies opening to 100M and every movie falling below CJohn's expectations obviously means it is a shitty October.

:apocalypse:

In the end, "The Walk" pretty much prevented "The Martian" from getting the October record. Kind of hilarious in hindsight.

• Like 5

The Help probably should've won BP that year. True it likes the cliche and melodramatic tropes, but it's the good "Forrest Gump" kind of sap so to speak. It's a movie that is going to be around for awhile and is probably already a modern classic. I like The Artist more than most probably, but it's long forgotten already. 

That's what I thought too, and that could very well be the case, however, there is a lot of movie theaters having it start right at 12 or 12:01. I know they would have similar showtimes across the board, but every theater having a showing starting at midnight (with it not being the 1st screening) would be a little odd.

Look at that one theater that has 3D starting at 12:20, 2D starting at 12:50, and then IMAX starting at 1:40.

IMAX would not start at 1:40am. Simple as that. That is clearly a case of late-night Thursday shows being read as Thursday AM instead of Friday AM. That 1:40am IMAX showing is clearly the 3rd showing of the night, after earlier 7:00pm and 10:20pm shows.