WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Doesn't look like next weekend will be any better unless Vin Diesel wills Last Witch Hunter to a 20M opening. SPECTRE and Peanuts can't arrive soon enough. Apparently MockingJay 2 lost IMAX screens internationally as theaters decided to stick with SPECTRE instead. Only the US will get MJ2 in IMAX now.

Doesn't look like next weekend will be any better unless Vin Diesel wills Last Witch Hunter to a 20M opening. SPECTRE and Peanuts can't arrive soon enough. Apparently MockingJay 2 lost IMAX screens internationally as theaters decided to stick with SPECTRE instead. Only the US will get MJ2 in IMAX now.

Which is quite ridiculous. There is no way Spectre will be doing more in IMAX by his 3rd week than MJ2 would be doing on his first over here. 

Edited by CJohn

Which is quite ridiculous. There is 0 way Spectre will be doing more in IMAX by his 3rd week than MJ2 would be doing on his first over here. 

Plus MJ2 has 3D so higher ticket prices... this doesn't make a lot of sense TBH.

I think internationally it is in 3D, domestic it is 2D only.

Seems like leaving money on the table. It could make another 40-50M (or pick any random number) domestically with 3D. And that domestic money gives the studio the highest percentage of ticket money too, so it does seem to be a strange decision.

• Like 1

Seems like leaving money on the table. It could make another 40-50M (or pick any random number) domestically with 3D. And that domestic money gives the studio the highest percentage of ticket money too, so it does seem to be a strange decision.

Whatever part 2 does is a bonus for Lionsgate I guess. Although it would have been good if they had just wrapped it up in 3 movies, a single Mockingjay movie I feel would have had the potential to do around 450M domestic especially coming off the extremely well received "Catching Fire" and would have hit 1B WW. 

I don't know how the financials work out, but I have to wager no one saw the huge drop coming with MJ1, and in the end it may not be all that significant of a difference. 

Allegiant's box office drop will surprise no one though.

• Like 1