WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Crimson Peak got a much higher budget than it deserves actually, especially since Del Toro has never been huge at the box office. It got freaking IMAX screens even, which even The Martian doesn't have.

55m isn't really that huge. It's pretty respectable, especially for a film that actually uses a lot of practical effects.

Edited by FancyArcher
  • Like 1

Look, audience nostalgia is hard to predict and Sony needs a franchise. Saying they should have waited another decade is a reach. For all we know, the whole thing would have faded even more. I grew up with the books and I'm turning 30 in December. Would I pay to see it? No, but that's only because there are way too many other movies out I'd rather see. I know several people my age who have kids old enough to see this.

• Like 3

Look, audience nostalgia is hard to predict and Sony needs a franchise. Saying they should have waited another decade is a reach. For all we know, the whole thing would have faded even more. I grew up with the books and I'm turning 30 in December. Would I pay to see it? No, but that's only because there are way too many other movies out I'd rather see. I know several people my age who have kids old enough to see this.

Actually nostalgia is incredibly easy to predict, now more than ever. Just from youtube, theres only 2 Goosebumps clips from the original TV show that have over 1 million views (that's low), the amount of videos about Goosebumps in general with over a million views is also low, no spoofs, parodies, reviews, behind the scenes of the show, just some JonTron videos.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 1

What I'm most excited to see is the age breakdown for Bridge of Spies this weekend. Completely expecting a 90% over 60 score lol.
Hoping I don't have to tell some old folks to be quiet like I did during Lincoln. Had to do that with an older couple during Steve Jobs last weekend.
  • Like 2

i saw crimson peak last night , it was ok , i braved my fear of ghosts for tom hiddleston turns out apart from a few times where i hid behind my hands it has more of a  18th century gothic novel feel to it ....

now i want to go see the visit ....hmm 

• Like 1

Hoping I don't have to tell some old folks to be quiet like I did during Lincoln. Had to do that with an older couple during Steve Jobs last weekend.

I had to do that last weekend at Sicario. It was an Sunday evening showing and there wasn't many people there, so this old couple felt they could take their faces off during the movie. I've found old people at the movies worse than any teenagers I've had to deal with.

• Like 1

Never read Goosebumps as a kid, though I think most of kids I knew read them. But then again I was a giant bitch as kid so if I had read them I wouldn't have slept for weeks.

Edited by good movie liker