WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Unexpected Journey was boring and Smaug was slightly better but still not that good, no way am I wasting nearly three hours any time soon on BOTFA.

I am ready to make a marathon watching all three on their extended versions in the same day on Christmas. It is impossible I will survive, but I will do it!

• Like 1

Goddammit Portugal

We are getting special editions out of everything nowadays. Until a few months ago we barely got anything and now we are even getting a frikking steelbook of Ted 2 :lol:

Edited by CJohn

I am totally hoping for a cool special edition for the Bluray 2D + 3D of The Walk but I know deep inside the thing will only get a DVD edition because it tanked massively. 

I suspect,after Friday's numbers,that Crimson Peak and Goosebumps will end up in a close tie.Both will make a profit, but will not be runaway sucesses.

The Martian' s drop seems to be more then predicted. Bridge of Spies seems to be the loser for this weekend.

"The Last Witch Hunter" next weekend seems to be a classic case of dumping....studio just seems like it wants it to bomb and get it over with.

And it's not like Vin Diesal is a draw anymore outside the Fast and Furious franchise.

We are getting special editions out of everything nowadays. Until a few months ago we barely got anything and now we are even getting a frikking steelbook of Ted 2 :lol:

So the Portuguese film industry is in ruins because of piracy yet they put out all these steelbooks? 

So Cjohn, what are we thinking now for Star Wars Force Awakens numbers? I was on the low end however your enthusiasm is bringing my predictions up.

I am glad my enthusiasm is spreading in this forum. I am still in the 300M OW train. 

So the Portuguese film industry is in ruins because of piracy yet they put out all these steelbooks? 

Theaters are having a huge year. Between 2010 and 2014 theaters lost around 5 million tickets sold and this year alone they will recover 3 million. The Bluray market is dead for the GA so I think they are now trying to appeal the collectors who would usually buy special editions from other countries since we would only get shitty normal editions. All these movies have no normal Bluray editions. Only steelbooks for the 2D version and 3D slipcovers for the 3D version. I think they have realized Bluray will never be mainstream so it might as well please the collectors. It is the future of the home market WW happening first in Portugal tbh.

Edited by CJohn

Unfriended is really good! I wish it had done better! Have fun!

You and people on Twitter can keep saying this, but IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN.

Actually, I might watch it after baseball tonight because my life is a social wasteland at the moment.