WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

I haven't seen Garret in anything.

He needs Jai Courtney's agent.

I feel like Jai Courtney's agent has info on every producer in Hollywood. That's the only way I can make sense of Jai Courtney's continued employment.

• Like 1

Has Shia burnt too many bridges in Hollywood to have a comeback? I think he's a good actor and many people he's worked it like Brad Pitt have praised him but he really needs to sort himself out.

In terms of burnt bridges, he might have. That said, if RDJ can go from breaking into someone's house and falling asleep to where he is now, I suppose there's some kind of hope.

• Like 2

Has Shia burnt too many bridges in Hollywood to have a comeback? I think he's a good actor and many people he's worked it like Brad Pitt have praised him but he really needs to sort himself out.

Shia plays the same person in every role.

Has he ever been nominated for an Oscar or Golden Globe?

Where's this impressive acting ability people are suggesting.

In terms of burnt bridges, he might have. That said, if RDJ can go from breaking into someone's house and falling asleep to where he is now, I suppose there's some kind of hope.

Major differences are that people in the industry liked RDJ - directors, crews and actors he worked with, the person he hurt was mostly himself, he PAID the way few if any in Hollywood actually pay and he's immensely talented and charismatic

I get where the Jimmy Stewart comparison comes from, but Hanks still hasn't come close to doing his own Vertigo, where he could unearth something seriously dark and fucked up from under his aw-shucks surface. I wish someone would give him a role like that. 

• Like 1

Major differences are that people in the industry liked RDJ - directors, crews and actors he worked with, the person he hurt was mostly himself, he PAID the way few if any in Hollywood actually pay and he's immensely talented and charismatic

All true, and I certainly don't think Shia can make that kind of comeback. Just saying it provides a sliver of hope. Only if he truly wants it.

I get where the Jimmy Stewart comparison comes from, but Hanks still hasn't come close to doing his own Vertigo, where he could unearth something seriously dark and fucked up from under his aw-shucks surface. I wish someone would give him a role like that. 

Road to Perdition was a departure for Hanks and quite dark. 

Going off-topic, I'm surprised no one has ever thought of pairing Cruise and Hanks in a film, I guess both cost too much individually to get a film for both to star in

Edited by Jonwo

Ya'll remember when Ashton Kutcher was trashing blockbuster movies?

Saying they were ruining Hollywood?

The guy acted like his Steve Jobs movie was the current Fassbender masterpiece.

That would require paying attention to Ashton Kutcher.

Road of Perdition was pretty dark but his character was pretty straight edge.