WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

It's the comparison Clooney usually gets but I think he's closer to Clark Gable and even channels him in a bit in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou.  He's not close to  Grant or Gables level though.

But Clooney is the closest modern Hollywood gets to Grant or Gables.

Road to Perdition was a departure for Hanks and quite dark. 

Eh, even playing a hitman he was still the guy we were supposed to root for, especially in comparison to the uglied-up over-the-top Jude Law. It's dark by Hanks standards, I suppose, but it's not Stewart going mad from obsession in Vertigo or Henry Fonda killing a child in Once Upon a Time in the West.

• Like 4

A couple weeks ago in Theater 101, we were supposed to come up with a way to market a dream production of Raisin in the Sun and our group tried to figure out what combination would sell out the most shows. Then we came up with two cast members who would instantly sell every show.

Kanye West as Walter Lee.

Tom Hanks as Linder.

Who wouldn't want to see Kanye mock a racist Tom Hanks?

• Like 2

Hanks needs a movie where he fucks a student and kills her and then tries to drown his wife when she finds out, like Harrison Ford. It's time for him to shed his good guy image.

Even in that role people would probably sympathize with his character.

• Like 3

Hanks needs a movie where he fucks a student and kills her and then tries to drown his wife when she finds out, like Harrison Ford. It's time for him to shed his good guy image. 

Or a film where he plays a hitman who forces a taxi driver to drive him to the places of his targets like Tom Cruise in Collateral

Looking at pics of Jude Law in Road to Perdition. That's his actual hairline, dude's been bald as shit since the 90's.

Shit I haven't seen that movie in ages. And I dig the fuck out if it too.

• Like 1