kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

My wife and I wanted to go see a movie today. Bored and nothing to do. We decided to see Rock the Kasbah. And Boy, did I make a huge mistake. That movie was FUCKING terrible. Competition is heating up for worst movie of the year. Between it and Fant4stic. It was by FAR one of the worst movies I've seen the last 2-3 years. It was worst then Paranormal Activity 6 which we saw a few days ago. Avoid this movie! Don't get fucked out of your money.

• Like 2

My wife and I wanted to go see a movie today. Bored and nothing to do. We decided to see Rock the Kasbah. And Boy, did I make a huge mistake. That movie was FUCKING terrible. Competition is heating up for worst movie of the year. Between it and Fant4stic. It was by FAR one of the worst movies I've seen the last 2-3 years. It was worst then Paranormal Activity 6 which we saw a few days ago. Avoid this movie! Don't get fucked out of your money.

Sad to see a director as good as Levinson sink so low. Is it at least better than Envy ? 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

Still can't get over how shit Jobs did. It opened wide worse the Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and Phat Girlz. Urban art films should just stay in the big cities and forget about the rest of country for theatrical. This should be VOD by Christmas. No need to release wide. Or push to Netflix within 3 months of LA/NY premiere.

Still can't get over how shit Jobs did. It opened wide worse the Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and Phat Girlz. Urban art films should just stay in the big cities and forget about the rest of country for theatrical. This should be VOD by Christmas. No need to release wide. Or push to Netflix within 3 months of LA/NY premiere.

Steve Jobs wasn't just a "urban art film", it's being pushed for Oscars, hence why it went wide.

Next weekend we will be saying that about Burnt compared to Scout. 

Paranormal Activity more than doubled The Green Inferno in the same amount of screens. Does Scouts vs Zombies has more interest around it than The Green Inferno? 

Burnt and Our Brand is Crisis will surely get 2500+ theaters each, IMO. Lets see what can the respective stars of each movie do when they are the only things marketing teams can sell about those movies to put buts in the seats. 

• Like 1

Paranormal Activity more than doubled The Green Inferno in the same amount of screens. Does Scouts vs Zombies has more interest around it than The Green Inferno? 

Burnt and Our Brand is Crisis will surely get 2500+ theaters each, IMO. Lets see what can the respective stars of each movie do when they are the only things marketing teams can sell about those movies to put buts in the seats. 

The days when a star could make a completely unappealing movie do at least decent are over. I'm not saying there's no such thing as draw power anymore, but there is no such thing as draw power in unappealing movies anymore. 

The days when a star could make a completely unappealing movie do at least decent are over. I'm not saying there's no such thing as draw power anymore, but there is no such thing as draw power in unappealing movies anymore. 

I didn't said they are gonna put many buts in the seats :lol: 

I got that trailer at Crimson Peak and was kind of in awe.

My first reaction after seeing the trailer was to kill it in cold blood.

CrimsonPeakJessicaChastainslash-14448556

And this will be me next week when it fails to do 2M on his DOM debut.

jess-1444855683.gif

Next weekend we will be saying that about Burnt compared to Scout. 

Followed by Peanuts/Spectre combining for $140 million+ as a result of a sub-$80 million Oct 30th weekend. I really think both of those films picked the PERFECT weekend to debut. 2 straight weeks of nothing and Martian/HT2 near the end of their runs. Both should perform better than expected as the first major/must-see films in a month. 

I think November/December's broadly appealing films should benefit greatly from the underperformance of most October releases this year. However, I wouldn't be surprised if only 6-8 films do $100 million+ DOM with 5 of them doing $200 million+ DOM :lol: and 4 of them doing $300 million+ DOM (with Spectre obviously doing $300-320 million if it does make it) 

Followed by Peanuts/Spectre combining for $140 million+ as a result of a sub-$80 million Oct 30th weekend. I really think both of those films picked the PERFECT weekend to debut. 2 straight weeks of nothing and Martian/HT2 near the end of their runs. Both should perform better than expected as the first major/must-see films in a month. 

I think November/December's broadly appealing films should benefit greatly from the underperformance of most October releases this year. However, I wouldn't be surprised if only 6-8 films do $100 million+ DOM with 5 of them doing $200 million+ DOM :lol: and 4 of them doing $300 million+ DOM (with Spectre obviously doing $300-320 million if it does make it) 

Spectre won't be a 300M grosser.

To recap, a look at 2015's record breaking low OWs:

Worst OWs in 600+ theaters:

#12: The Diary of a Teenage Girl

#16 The D Train

#32: The Pyramid

#38: 99 Homes

#69: Irrational Man

#94: Foxcatcher

#100: Pawn Sacrifice

Worst OWs in 2000+ theaters:

#4: Jem and the Holograms

#5: Rock the Kasbah

#6: We Are Your Friends

#54: The Walk

#68: Blackhat

#74: Shaun the Sheep

#85: Mortdecai

Worst OWs in 2500+ theaters:

#7: The Walk

#12: Blackhat

#19: Mortdecai 

#31: Unfinished Business

#35: The Gunman

#45: American Ultra

#48: Strange Magic

#60: Hot Tub Time Machine 2

Worst OWs in 3000+ theaters:

#7: Strange Magic

#17: The Transporter Refueled

#24: No Escape

#25: Hitman: Agent 47

#47: Entourage

#53: The Last Witch Hunter

#56: Run All Night

#90: Paper Towns

#97: Magic Mike XXL

#100: The Longest Ride

• Like 2

Woah it was super dead tonight. But a big group of guys came in and all bought Star Wars tickets together, all the while saying "I can't believe this is happening... I'm buying tickets for Star Wars Episode 7!" Then they asked me to take their picture. Let the hype begin!

• Like 2