kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

Pretty low I'd say. However it should have a good shot at 75m. 

I Personally see it crossing 80m. 100 is indeed really tough still but if it has similarly awesome drops the next few weeks I can see that as a possibility. But yeah I guess a better target would be BoS total over Goosebumbps total.

Question about a source's quality:

what/who is NYSE Post?

I think I never saw a more scrambled article (or I miss something):

http://nysepost.com/goosebumps-scares-up-big-box-office-27234

example not directly provideable, as I seem not to be able to copy even parts of the text = not sure if it is even a secure site.

So in case someone still want's to check: see e.g. 2nd sentence ... in the 2nd paragraph, jumps between movie's details, I understood Jobs was the one who earned so much ww (what it did not I think)

In its second weekend, Universal's Steve
Jobs expanded into 60 theaters to come in No. 11 with $1.6 million for a solid
location average of $25,831. That makes it the 16th highest grossing film of 2015
worldwide in just three weekends.

Ahh, it works with print selected and then copy out of the print / pdf

In its second weekend, Universal's Steve Jobs expanded into 60 theaters to come in No. 11 with $1.6 million for a solid location average of $25,831. That makes it the 16th highest grossing film of 2015 worldwide in just three weekends. NYSE Post http://nysepost.com/goosebumps-scares-up-big-box-office-27234
Edited by terrestrial
found out how...

Universal must be pissed off. They had an unexpected bomb and one of the worst openings of all time.

Understated. I think another reason why no one came out this weekend was because it was the first real cold weekend in the Northeast and less people are willing to go out on the first few really cold days. 

• Like 1

I feel like this shoulda come out closer to awards season. 

They probably thought Steve Jobs would be The Social Network, Part 2 though TSN got overtaken for awards glory by The Kings' Speech, so yeah, a later release date might have led to a better result on two fronts.

Or, there have been enough movies and docs about Jobs as it is.

Record scratch. JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS is not only the worst wide release of the year debuting w/ $1.3M, but one of the worst of all-time.

Who was the target audience for this?

It wasn't adults who grew up on Jem and it wasn't current youth who couldn't care less about Jem.