kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

Steve Jobs will make its money back eventually but I am so disappointed about this opening. It is one of the 3 best films of this year, so far, for me. 

The performances are awards worthy. Fassbender, imo, is the best actor out there right now. I think he deserves the Oscar for his body of work in 2015 alone topped by an incredible turn in this film. And I say that as a paid up member of #GiveLeotheOscar.

This film should have opened wide off the back of great reviews and early Oscar buzz.

• Like 1

Most Steve Jobs predictions fall in the range of $20M to $30M. Not getting in the teens is rather disappointing for Sorkin & Co. I think. Social Network did much better, a younger, contemporary main character is probably the reason. And I do agree the acting in Jobs is really impressive all around. Just one of those great movies that nobody seem to notice.

Just let it sink in that a critically acclaimed movie about Steve Jobs starring Michael Fassbender, Kate Winslet, Seth Rogen and Jeff Daniels, written by Sorkin and directed by Danny Boyle is going to open within a million dollars of a critically panned movie about Steve Jobs starring...Ashton Kutcher.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 3

Truly catastrophic for every opener.  I have no clue what the FUCK Lionsgate was thinking giving a 70 million budget to a film called 'the last witch hunter'.  Paranormal Activity is a ghost (pun intended) of its former self, but it'll be fine and in the end will put a few coins in the studios pocket.  Jem and Kasbah really don't even deserve discussion, the PTA are going to be insane.  This feels wayyyyy more like an early September week than a near end October week.  

Spectre, save us.

Truly catastrophic for every opener.  I have no clue what the FUCK Lionsgate was thinking giving a 70 million budget to a film called 'the last witch hunter'.  Paranormal Activity is a ghost (pun intended) of its former self, but it'll be fine and in the end will put a few coins in the studios pocket.  Jem and Kasbah really don't even deserve discussion, the PTA are going to be insane.  This feels wayyyyy more like an early September week than a near end October week.  

Spectre, save us.

Oh yes, that was intended.

• Like 1

Everything seems as if it either hits big this year or completely misses.

Theres not many modest hits.  

I think we're getting closer to a time when smaller movies will be released through streaming platforms with limited theater releases and what's released in theaters is limited to blockbusters and the bigger comedies and dramas.

Fucking depressing shit

Interest was waning in the Paranormal Activity franchise to begin with and then to add in the inconvenience of the film not being shown in some of the nicer theater chains and having to hunt to find it...

How soon does this get to VOD?  

17 days after it goes below 300 theaters.

One theatre within a 25 miles radius of my city is showing PA. One theatre. It wasn't too far, but it's not one of the two I frequently go to. Scary how it's almost beating Witch Hunter though. 

Wait this isn't my icon. I've never uploaded this icon? Was I hacked or is this a glitch on the new site?

Edited by Frozen

One theatre within a 25 miles radius of my city is showing PA. One theatre. It wasn't too far, but it's not one of the two I frequently go to. Scary how it's almost beating Witch Hunter though. 

Wait this isn't my icon. I've never uploaded this icon? Was I hacked or is this a glitch on the new site?

It's a glitch, other user's icons are appearing on different users. It's working fine for me right now but about an hour ago it wasn't.