Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

30 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

James Cameron has never made a bad mov-!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082910/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

He didn't make that movie! Sometimes there is more than meets the eye.

This happens quite a lot, I don't expect everyone to know Jim's seven films off by heart (The Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2, True Lies, Titanic and Avatar.). It's only natural you would check imbd. However! Jim only directed that film in name and was kicked off the set within a week, they used him to bypass a foreign director law.

Also Jim choose not to take legal action as he as A ) he was poor and B ) needed it for the resume

So yes, Jim's filmography is in fact pure.

EDIT: Digged out a source for you, interview from the man himself.

7 minutes 10 Seconds.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

As for the China prediction, it's not insane! Furious 7 in 2015 made $390m. Transformers made $320 in 2014. If you venture into the chinese box office section of this forum, they will tell you China loves Avatar. Here is the secret part that you might not have accounted for, the one month limit. In china foreign films are only allowed 1 month in cinema, however Jim is trying to extend that. He may be able to do it as it will have an environmental message as the original did. If it were released to day I think it would make $700m, but the 1 bil accounts for the growth of the Chinese box office.

Interesting idea.    Though Cameron's favorite crusade finished dead last in a worldwide poll in which over 9.7 million people voted on the priority of their concerns:   http://data.myworld2015.org/

...The Chinese were an outlier where the climate change stuff finished 4th.   It's even came in last if you pull up "Asia".   The Chinese are into it.   He might be on to something in China at least.

7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

James Cameron has never made a bad mov-!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082910/?mode=desktop&ref_=m_ft_dsk

Not again that ...

He didn't even cut that 'film', didn't ..... a prime example what can happen in the worst way to a director, read up before posting something like that please!

(an I am not of the opinion Cameron only makes 10/10 films, e.g. Titanic makes me cringe, Avatar I love for the experience and for that it is an 8/10 for me, as a film on a TV it would be less,..)

Did you happen to have seen Buffy the film and the series? Whedon literally cried about what the director of the film made out of his script, the difference how to present the material is IMHO quite obvious when comparing the film to the TV series = your example is what happens when someone out of the non-creative area thinks he is creative and has the power / money to do so.

2 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Interesting idea.    Though Cameron's favorite crusade finished dead last in a worldwide poll in which over 9.7 million people voted on the priority of their concerns:   http://data.myworld2015.org/

...The Chinese were an outlier where the climate change stuff finished 4th.   It's even came in last if you pull up "Asia".   The Chinese are into it.   He might be on to something in China at least.

When he gets the foreign time extended to 3months or even 6, remember my post! Those are some cool stats btw.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

When he gets the foreign time extended to 3months or even 6, remember my post! Those are some cool stats btw.

There is also the chance that Blucahontas 2 falls afoul of China's rather arcane scheduling rules and gets an unfavorable release date as well as finds itself held strictly to the 3-week limit. It's hard to predict what will happen there. ;)

44 minutes ago, Talkie said:

There is also the chance that Blucahontas 2 falls afoul of China's rather arcane scheduling rules and gets an unfavorable release date as well as finds itself held strictly to the 3-week limit. It's hard to predict what will happen there. ;)

I have god on my side.

I look forward to 2018 where I can make a bunch of clubs for ultimate glory. Highest grossing film in a single region, Avatar 2 - China, Highest grossing film of all time: Avatar 2, Avatar 2 3.5B WW.

The Marvel vs. DC war is about to come to an end: Sebastian Stan has been cast as Jeff Gillooly in the Tonya Harding movie with Margot Robbie. lmao they haven't even casted someone as Nancy Kerrigan yet and I already can't wait for this.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sebastian-stan-margot-robbie-in-the-tonya-harding-pic-i-tonya-1201941261/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Marvel vs. DC war is about to come to an end: Sebastian Stan has been cast as Jeff Gillooly in the Tonya Harding movie with Margot Robbie. lmao they haven't even casted someone as Nancy Kerrigan yet and I already can't wait for this.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/sebastian-stan-margot-robbie-in-the-tonya-harding-pic-i-tonya-1201941261/

If Sigourney Weaver plays Kerrigan, it would represent DC and Marvel joining forces to take down Cameron.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If Sigourney Weaver plays Kerrigan, it would represent DC and Marvel joining forces to take down Cameron.

lol sorry but Weaver's far too old for the part at this point. The ideal Nancy Kerrigan is Anne Hathaway, but they'll probably get some B actress instead since it sounds like the incident won't play a big part in the movie.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

lol sorry but Weaver's far too old for the part at this point. The ideal Nancy Kerrigan is Anne Hathaway, but they'll probably get some B actress instead since it sounds like the incident won't play a big part in the movie.

Fine, let's go Zoe Saldana then :).