Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

The problem of DC characters so far is that they are not lovable at all.

You don't want to root for them and spend time with them.

And I blame the casting and the writing.

Most Marvel characters just ooze charisma.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 4

I somehow feel like in a few years, there will be some university business courses on corporate management. And they will teach how DCEU is what it is and meets its end as if we treated DCEU as another corporate product just like Nokia's failed smartphone business  . And my name will get mentioned quite a lot. A classic example of mismanagement (e.g. laymen interfering with veterans, put money instead of audience first, reckless panic mode, rushing the product (just like Samsung Note 7 rushed through its battery test) )  .  A lot of business students should be interested in that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mredman said:

Ha! obviously your DC/Snyder hate knows no boundaries. Did it ever accur to you not everyone has your arrow mindset and that there is a lot of people that loves DC ad these movies and can't wait to see these iconic characters brought to the big screen. To even speculate on how much a movie will make or not make is insane. Because nobody knows these things and nobody knows if reviews will be good or not good either. That you can't even name a director by his real name but instead come up with some insulting acronym for his name. Just shows how immature you are. SMH

Well then WTF are you doing in a box office forum? This spot is exactly for that kind of thing, you know?

• Like 7

On 10.12.2016 at 4:26 AM, mredman said:

Ha! obviously your DC/Snyder hate knows no boundaries. Did it ever accur to you not everyone has your arrow mindset and that there is a lot of people that loves DC ad these movies and can't wait to see these iconic characters brought to the big screen. To even speculate on how much a movie will make or not make is insane. Because nobody knows these things and nobody knows if reviews will be good or not good either. That you can't even name a director by his real name but instead come up with some insulting acronym for his name. Just shows how immature you are. SMH

I agree to that, but not to how you handle the discussion / the style (but not worse than some others here = me not liking that detail)

• Like 1

On 10.12.2016 at 10:19 AM, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well then WTF are you doing in a box office forum? This spot is exactly for that kind of thing, you know?

I think he/she means it in the 'it's god's law that it will earn $... money' way some seem to think, so absolute sure before even a bit of an idea how WOM might be is in the know???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I think he/she means it in the 'it's god's law that it will earn $... money' way some seem to think, so absolute sure before even a bit of an idea how WOM might be is in the know???

... so it was God's law that, since we're talking about said person, i.e. Batman V Superman crashed after such a massive OW, and didn't do the 400-450M it would've done in any other circumstance? Ergh.

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

... so it was God's law that, since we're talking about said person, i.e. Batman V Superman crashed after such a massive OW, and didn't do the 400-450M it would've done in any other circumstance? Ergh.

the text you (?) reacted to was

To even speculate on how much a movie will make or not make is insane.

I think it is also possible he/she meant it is 'insane' to be so extreme sure about results before 'we' know anything about the quality,... WOM.

= you (?) asked, why even coming to a BO forum if...

Only pointing out, that he/she might not have meant it in the way you seem to have understood (not sure)

= not to be against to predict in a ~ way, but was trying to say in stronger words, that it is too early to be sure of anything, of being too rigid with possibilities

Me personally do not even care about OW (or even less OW multiplier), I am only interested into costs, ww results, split per countries (not all of them) and the whys (pro and contra) of surprises = after its run. = I have no opinion about ... was it Justice League's resuls?... beforehand

I think an extreme good film might break patterns, but it can still happen that it wont, and a very bad film too can break pattern, but still can find enough supporters to not break pattern

= waiting for the real numbers and so on, hence the reason I got the idea.

:wiggle: I want a waving smiley = peace ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

the text you (?) reacted to was

I think it is also possible he/she meant it is 'insane' to be so extreme sure about results before 'we' know anything about the quality,... WOM.

= you (?) asked, why even coming to a BO forum if...

Only pointing out, that he/she might not have meant it in the way you seem to have understood (not sure)

= not to be against to predict in a ~ way, but was trying to say in stronger words, that it is too early to be sure of anything, of being too rigid with possibilities

Me personally do not even care about OW (or even less OW multiplier), I am only interested into costs, ww results, split per countries (not all of them) and the whys (pro and contra) of surprises = after its run. = I have no opinion about ... was it Justice League's resuls?... beforehand

I think an extreme good film might break patterns, but it can still happen that it wont, and a very bad film too can break pattern, but still can find enough supporters to not break pattern

= waiting for the real numbers and so on, hence the reason I got the idea.

:wiggle: I want a waving smiley = peace ;)

Well, if that is what the person meant, than... yeah, I kinda agree. Regardless of what movies are we talking about, rarely are such things as certanties. BVS, a movie I just referenced, I thought was certain to do AT LEAST 400M, and then it didn't. The only thing in the last few years that I think I had as a certainty and was proven right at that was TFA breaking Jurassic World's OW record, and that's it, really. The BO is a very uncertain ground.

My understanding of what was said, however, was that it's insane to even discuss what a movie's BO potential is because "oh, reviews aren't out and nobody knows these things and yadda yadda yadda". That is utterly ridiculous, imo, it's like telling me it's stupid to predict who could win the Champions League (or in Americans' case, the Super Bowl).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

- snip -

I think people are sometimes ... energetic / passionate for some reasons and formulated then too absolute... to including whilst  ranting speaking against too absolute posts ;)

• Like 1

On 12/9/2016 at 6:11 PM, Lordmandeep said:

The thing is I think the have limited themselves to a certain audience already.

Those who do not like the DCU really do not like it now.

The films will be hit but I do not see some year defining hit like The Avengers or anything like that. 

It does look that way.   Starting to feel like devotees of a political party.    People that devoted will somehow find a way to defend people like Trump or Clinton just because they are members of their club which must be defended at all cost.    That rarely attracts new members to the club.

If WB is comfortable with what the DC movies make, they appear to be in a good position.   They can put out anything they want and make that amount.

On 11/12/2016 at 5:36 PM, Ragi said:

Avatar 2 will dominate box office of 3rd world/2nd world nations.

Star Wars will domniate box office of 1st world nations.

Marvel will beat DC in direct box office battles.

The first Avatar was the highest grossing film in most 1st world nations, only TFA beat it. (member chewbacca??)

Avatar 2 will be the first film to break $1b from one nation.

Tried to watch Suicide Squad again and NO.

Quit after 30 minutes.

The way the movie tries to convince you how cool it is (we re bad asses cuz we re bad guys !!!!) is as insufferable as in Deadpool.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BvS at least tried.

Edited by The Futurist

On December 11, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Ragi said:

Avatar 2 will dominate box office of 3rd world/2nd world nations.

Star Wars will domniate box office of 1st world nations.

Marvel will beat DC in direct box office battles.

And only one will forever dominate the Oscars

tumblr_no8k86g9hr1t6saleo3_500.gif

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 6