Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

15 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Jim would be so proud. :mellow:

quote-pick-up-a-camera-shoot-something-n

Jim motivates me so of course!

Also anyone remember when people thought Age of Ultron or TFA was going to topple Avatar.. lol. I remember a top comment on reddit being "There isn't a record TFA won't break!!". Try the record of highest grossing film of all time then padawon

On 2/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, IronJimbo said:

huh I was talking about money made as the only objective measure, you do know what objective means right?

Avatar was best picture at golden globes and runner up at the oscars, since when were rotten tomatoe shills important?

Objective measure = things that agree with our opinion on art

There is no way to measure art.   Every single method can be dismissed easily.   Box office is another popularity poll like RT and awards.  It's all the opinion of a group of people.  We've never accepted popular vote as proof of "better" in art.   Every single time we try it people complain that "they got it wrong".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Objective measure = things that agree with our opinion on art

There is no way to measure art.   Every single method can be dismissed easily.   Box office is another popularity poll like RT and awards.  It's all the opinion of a group of people.  We've never accepted popular vote as proof of "better" in art.   Every single time we try it people complain that "they got it wrong".

there are no objective measures in art...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

there are no objective measures in art...

Agreed.   The award shows are such a huge waste of time.   No one agrees with the results and no one ever will.   It smells of celebrities inventing a reason to have a party and get drunk.   :D  

8 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Agreed.   The award shows are such a huge waste of time.   No one agrees with the results and no one ever will.   It smells of celebrities inventing a reason to have a party and get drunk.   :D  

It's for this reason that I always had a great admiration for George C. Scott, when he refused the Oscar for Patton. 

• Like 3