Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

25 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Also, no. I'm married.

We are house shopping and I may get a man cave, if we have enough space, but...no, not in bedroom, living room or anywhere in the house do I have any comic poster hanging, or action figures displayed. 

Try another passive aggressive insult though. I'm amused. 

The most humoring thing about the insult attempt is @ironjimbo has posted his own Avatar/Cameron "shrine"!! LOL!!

It wasn't an insult, and it's my shrine which proves it wasn't an insult.

Just saying you're a marvel superfan so it's ok you don't have an avatar blu-ray.

and yes I have an avatar poster in my room, gl with the man cave.

4 hours ago, RandomJC said:

T1 and 2 are good movies, but not anywhere close to favorites are movies I'd re-watch. Honestly, the only director I'm anywhere near loyal to is Hitchcock, I don't think I've ever seen a film I haven't enjoyed. Plenty I haven't seen, so sure one exists.

Aliens and T2 are in my collection.   Also really like Titanic but never wanted to own it.

Right there with you on Hitch.   I've seen exactly one Hitchcock movie I didn't love.   Rope.   He did this thing where they filmed the entire movie in long takes like a play.   Maybe just three edited together.    Interesting idea and I appreciate that he wanted to do something different, but it started to intrude on the movie for me after a while as a "gimmick".

But that's it...he's allowed a miss when he hit so many home runs.   Rear Window is one of my very favorite movies.  (Grace Kelly...yum)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Aliens and T2 are in my collection.   Also really like Titanic but never wanted to own it.

Right there with you on Hitch.   I've seen exactly one Hitchcock movie I didn't love.   Rope.   He did this thing where they filmed the entire movie in long takes like a play.   Maybe just three edited together.    Interesting idea and I appreciate that he wanted to do something different, but it started to intrude on the movie for me after a while as a "gimmick".

But that's it...he's allowed a miss when he hit so many home runs.   Rear Window is one of my very favorite movies.  (Grace Kelly...yum)

I personally like Rope, but I'm a sucker for Jimmy Stewart too. It's got interesting ideas, and the experiment is a touch of a failure towards the end of the film, falling over itself by the end. But the entire thing is just a slight level of creepy that works for me.

At least it's a miss because of experimentation, not because of any tired routine. when you experiment, you fail sometimes. I'd be very curious to see a remake of sorts, trying to preserve that all one take technique.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I guess every other franchise falls under the "etc" that the title refers. So how do you guys feel with that gross disrespect of your favorite franchise not being named in the title?

it hurts, but these franchises have more than one film so it's expected (even if the quality of them is low lol)

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

T1 and 2 are good movies, but not anywhere close to favorites are movies I'd re-watch. Honestly, the only director I'm anywhere near loyal to is Hitchcock, I don't think I've ever seen a film I haven't enjoyed. Plenty I haven't seen, so sure one exists.

You get a like for the Hitchcock shout-out. All of his films are fascinating psychological studies that far surpass anything made by the current crop of so-called auteurs. Hitchcock, Welles, Huston, etc., were greater than any director working today, including a certain technology-obsessed one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

I personally like Rope, but I'm a sucker for Jimmy Stewart too. It's got interesting ideas, and the experiment is a touch of a failure towards the end of the film, falling over itself by the end. But the entire thing is just a slight level of creepy that works for me.

At least it's a miss because of experimentation, not because of any tired routine. when you experiment, you fail sometimes. I'd be very curious to see a remake of sorts, trying to preserve that all one take technique.

Rope and Rear Window are classics, of course, but my favorite Jimmy Stewart/Alfred Hitchcock collaboration is Vertigo. For some reason, I find Stewart at his most compelling when he played characters who teetered on the edge of psychosis, perhaps because he seemed so square and conventional on the surface. Scotty was emotionally fragile from the start of the film, and watching him fall deeper and deeper into delusion is entrancing. Vertigo is one of those films I make a point of watching at least once a year, along with North By Northwest.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Campeau says he has 3 sources that Ben Affleck wants out of playing Batman. 

Even with a new director it doesn't seem like WB are pushing Batman into a quick production like they did with Suicide Squad (with it's first draft script) so why the desire to jump?  If (!!!), the rumors are true it makes me wonder if there are such big problems with Justice League  that he just wants to shed ties or if he clashed so much on the Batman script and direction with them he doesn't a part of the kind of direction or script they'll approve.  Or both.

Edited by TalismanRing

31 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Rope and Rear Window are classics, of course, but my favorite Jimmy Stewart/Alfred Hitchcock collaboration is Vertigo. For some reason, I find Stewart at his most compelling when he played characters who teetered on the edge of psychosis, perhaps because he seemed so square and conventional on the surface. Scotty was emotionally fragile from the start of the film, and watching him fall deeper and deeper into delusion is entrancing. Vertigo is one of those films I make a point of watching at least once a year, along with North By Northwest.

My confession. I have not seen Vertigo. My copy is damaged, so never got around to it. 

And speaking of North By Northwest, Cary Grant is a great Hitchcock star. Love him in Suspicion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

My confession. I have not seen Vertigo. My copy is damaged, so never got around to it. 

:blink::sadben::apocalypse::winomg::wtf:

:P

yeah you have to see it at some point....soon ;) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

I've seen North by Northwest, Psycho, Vertigo and Rope. Need to watch birds sometime soon

wait, you've never seen the Birds?!? :o 

time to use this again

CSvJt3hXIAA_tNi.jpg

:P 

• Like 1