Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

I dont hate the MCU I only hate the movies

I know it's just my opinion but I really don't like this 3rd MCU phase so far ... besides Strange.

GREAT --> IM1, TA, CA1, CA2, THOR1, GOTG1

OK --> DS,THOR2, AntMan, Ultron, IM2 ..

MEH --> CW, GOTG2, SMH, IM3

BAD --> THOR3

• Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It's just my opinion, I'm allowed to have one. I don't think I direspected or mocked anyone. Some members have done that to me and to other DC fans so I know how horrivle that is, and I would never do that intentionally.

As I said, you are allowed to have an opinion and you are definitely allowed to express it here, but it just baffles me that you can form an opinion about a movie that you haven't yet seen. It shows that you're biased.

4 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I know it's just my opinion but I really don't like this 3rd MCU phase so far ... besides Strange.

GREAT --> IM1, TA, CA1, CA2, THOR1, GOTG1

OK --> DS,THOR2, AntMan, Ultron, IM2 ..

MEH --> CW, GOTG2, SMH, IM3

BAD --> THOR3

What your complaint about MCU, and How they can improve IYO.

Just now, manny1234 said:

What your complaint about MCU, and How they can improve IYO.

This 3rd phase they are putting too much emphasis on the jokes, and forcing them unnecessarily into the movies ... it just doesn't do it for me and derails the whole movie ...

Although this is just me, I know lots of folks likes it ...so if it works for the masses then I don't see Marvel stopping it anytime soon. The 1st phase they had it nailed ...it was a perfect balance. 2nd Phase was ok...but this 3rd phase was too much to take.

1 minute ago, Subzero said:

This 3rd phase they are putting too much emphasis on the jokes, and forcing them unnecessarily into the movies ... it just doesn't do it for me and derails the whole movie ...

Although this is just me, I know lots of folks likes it ...so if it works for the masses then I don't see Marvel stopping it anytime soon. The 1st phase they had it nailed ...it was a perfect balance. 2nd Phase was ok...but this 3rd phase was too much to take.

I noticed this as well. I think Avengers 3 and 4 will have most humor in the entire series. Phase 4 will continue this tradition. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Subzero said:

Well so far Black Panther does not feel that jokey and looks more serious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manny1234 said:

I have a question do you think the X-Men should go back to Marvel or stay at Fox?

IMHO I think it should go back to Marvel, because FOX really don't know what to do with that franchise..it's all over the place ...

Just now, Subzero said:

IMHO I think it should go back to Marvel, because FOX really don't know what to do with that franchise..it's all over the place ...

I'm surprised you said that because  a lot of people have told me they want the X-Men to stay at Fox because the fact that R-rated Movies like Deapdool and Logan would never be made, and that they are afraid of forced humor among others.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, manny1234 said:

I'm surprised you said that because  a lot of people have told me they want the X-Men to stay at Fox because the fact that R-rated Movies like Deapdool and Logan would never be made, and that they are afraid of forced humor among others.

Yes Deadpool and Logan were great no doubt (But Logan is pretty much done)....

I thought you meant X-MEN as a whole ... The XMEN series ...

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I didn't say Thor had a so so opening I said it was not the opening some fans here were expecting because Disney tricked them and the media into thinking this movie was more anticipated than it actually was.

120 million is excellent for a bad movie.

Hmm, fair enough, alright. And yeah, for a bad movie, 120M OW is far from a poor performance. Man Of Steel sucked and it did 118M or something like that, and that's close enough (and a pretty great number at that).

Thank God Ragnarok isn't a bad movie, though.

• Like 1

Best year ever for CBM for me.   I've gotten my favorite portrayal of Spider-Man, Thor, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, and most importantly Hulk (about damn time) in the same forking year!    That's insane.

So ranking them is tough.   It's not fair to the older ones because you lose the "omg!" after a few months.   I do know that I walked out of SM:H, Logan, WW, GotG2, and Thor 3 with a huge smile and eager to buy another ticket.  (well...not so much for Logan as the others)

I've seen Thor 3 three times so obviously I'll be more excited about it than the others at this moment.

1-Thor 3

2-SM:H/WW/GotG 2

3-Logan

Feeling a little sorry for JL.   How do you follow all that?   But maybe we have some kind of 2017 momentum where it is not possible to make a bad CBM.   Could be a legendary year if JL delivers.    Hearing good buzz for JL.

18 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

I don't know if you have noticed, but the genre is rather popular at the moment. The average for superhero movies OW in 2017 so far is $113.5M. After the release of JL, Thor 3's opening with be literally average.

The flaw in that thinking is the implication that every CBM should be expected to open the same.   Last year the average OW for CW, BvS, SS, DoFP and Dr Strange was 126 m.    In 2015 the average was 91 m for AoU, Ant Man, and FF.

So what does the "average" mean?   Not much.   Depends on what opens any given year.   A Thor movie and a JL aren't going to fall in the same place on the "average".   120 is hardly "average" for a Thor movie.

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

DC Fans are so freaking dense.

Some people said in another thread they heard highly educated and well read gentlemen shout "Fuck Marvel" when they saw a Marvel trailer at a DC movie screening.

Freaking dense yeah.

I don't know about dense...but maybe a little crazy.   That reminds me of that Comic Con event for a DC movie where a chant of "Marvel sucks!" broke out.   There is definitely something weird going on in the DC fan base.   I couldn't imagine that happening at a Comic Con for a Marvel movie.   Maybe the fortunes of the two after the peak for DC in 2008 has something to do with it.   It's been mostly Marvel domination since that time.   In 2008, it probably looked like a bright future for DC movies and Marvel was the kid brother who couldn't compete.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

I meant that.

Atleast getting the XMEN into the MCU they will make much more $$, and can do lots of cross over with other characters in the MCU.

As much as I don't like the force jokes etc.... one thing that Marvel have proven is they can make money with b,c,d list characters ....

Im sure it will lift the XMEN franchise big time if their in the MCU.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

That's the same "lot of people" who were saying that long before Logan and Deadpool existed so that's not the reason.

Fox does have a small fan base who apparently don't mind that Fox screws up most of the time and has a history of epic failing with legendary characters.   If Marvel utterly wasted characters like Dr Doom, Apocalypse, Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Galactus, Rogue, Storm, etc those same "lot of people" would be pointing and laughing at the ineptitude.    You certainly wouldn't hear odd claims like "Marvel handles those characters best".

• Like 3