Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

If I'm quite honest, I think Dead2ool will forget about everything that made the first one so great and become extremely ridiculous and lose it's heart. I can see the humor going too far and start to become annoying and go the Kingsman 2 route. In that case, 120M OW, 310M, 730M.  

Edited by raegr
  • Like 1

Adjusted for inflation, every Star Wars movie grossed more domestically than Deadpool. Solo will gross more domestically than Deadpool 2. Don't do the thing Neo did when Furious 7 did well domestically and he predicted that Furious 8 would increase even more. Of course it didn't. Deadpool 2 isn't going to out-gross Deadpool  domestically, when you adjust for inflation. I expect Solo to gross more than AOTC domestically (adjusted for inflation). Disney has absolutely nothing to worry about.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 2

If any studio can cobble together a film that's at least entertaining and enjoyable to general audiences and critics it's Disney but yeah way too many red flags for Solo: A Star Wars Story. 

Still not sure in what world can Deadpool 2 "kick the ass" of a Star Wars film even one as problematic as Solo has turned out to be. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

7 hours ago, raegr said:

If I'm quite honest, I think Dead2ool will forget about everything that made the first one so great and become extremely ridiculous and lose it's heart. I can see the humor going too far and start to become annoying and go the Kingsman 2 route. In that case, 120M OW, 310M, 730M.  

That's my expectation.   I'm assuming Fox started actually caring about Deadpool after the box office happened for DP1.   That might make them get involved and that's bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harpospoke said:

That's my expectation.   I'm assuming Fox started actually caring about Deadpool after the box office happened for DP1.   That might make them get involved and that's bad.

That and the fact it's really hard in general to capture the magic of the first anyways. 

• Like 2

MCU actresses pitched Feige an all-female Marvel film:

I have to hear the story of you going to Kevin Feige with some other Marvel ladies. Who were you with when it happened?

Tessa Thompson: I think in that group was Brie Larson, myself, Zoe Saldana, although she ran off to the bathroom, I think, so she came midway through the pitch but she had been in the rev-up to it. Scarlett Johansson. Pom [Klementieff] and Karen [Gillan], who are both in the Guardians movies. Yeah, I think it was that group.

Paint the picture for me. Tell me about the walk-up, getting yourselves worked up to approach Kevin.

TT: Actually, that happened really quickly. We were just sort of all in a semicircle talking, and it just came up, because none of us really worked together – well, I suppose Zoe, and Karen, and Pom – and wouldn’t it be nice if we could all work together? And we were sort of speculating on they ways in which it might happen in Infinity War, or might not happen. And we thought, “No, we should just have a whole movie where we know every day we’re going to arrive and get to work together.” So we just ran right up to Kevin Feige and started talking about it.

Did you feel a genuine interest from Kevin when you mentioned it?

TT: Yeah. That’s the thing that’s so fantastic about Kevin is you always get general interest from him. At least when you start speaking, and then you might get ten minutes in, and you sense that maybe something is not as exciting. But no, he’s really open to collaboration and wants to hear what we’re interested in.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

That and the fact it's really hard in general to capture the magic of the first anyways. 

It's also traditionally very hard for a comedy to hit twice, hence so many disappointing comedy sequels.  

But that's often due to rehashing the same main plot and DP has decades of comic book plots to mine, so hopefully it will fare better.

1 hour ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

I haven't had a chance to watch this yet, but I'm thinking Bob really doesn't care for this film.  (And this is only part one.)

It fascinates me that people who adamantly hate BvS still continue to talk about the movie almost TWO YEARS LATER! Two years! We get it. You don't like BvS, watch Wonder Woman or a marvel movie or something...

Better use of your time. 

I can't wait until Aquaman so that this phase of the DCEU is over!