Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The joke & quips in MCU films validate the condescending opinion they have on those films.

Except they don't get the Marvel team take their charcaters and world super seriously and they believe enormously in what they create.

That s why critics were so harsh on BvS, a movie that takes its characters and its world way too seriously it s too much for them.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-dark-knight/critic-reviews

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

Dark Knight is considered by the world critics in the top 1000 movie of all time according to the sight and sound and other lists, just between Monthy Python and Robocop, just above Stanley Kubrick Spartacus

To these people, a movie can only truly be great if it stays grounded

Could be true that something the MCUs do a lot and it is maybe why they are so acclaimed by the critics.

That s why critics were so harsh on BvS, a movie that takes its characters and its world way too seriously it s too much for them.

Are you being serious, did Wonder Woman took Wonder Woman less seriously and played it not straight, that the difference between BvS and Wonder Woman reception ?, with some meta humor and ashamed of itself ?

Why most superhero fans still seek validation from the second guy is just beyond me.

That a good question, sometime it feel almost like it is because it got the tribal in/out group nature of sport following, and stuff like critics and box office are the only metrics they can use to fight about it (like points/wins) at sports. 

1 hour ago, vc2002 said:

Thread title "Marvel Vs DC Vs Star Wars vs Harry Potter"

So it's pretty much Disney vs WB, isnt it?

As of yesterday

Disney net worth: $158.3 billion

Time Warner net worth: $71.2 billion

Disney wins by a large margin.

I am not sure what net worth mean, but if it is the company that own Disney studio and Warner Brother Studio market cap, does that mean if At&t buy them and that they become and over 300b market cap entity, WB start winning again ?

55 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I am not sure what net worth mean, but if it is the company that own Disney studio and Warner Brother Studio market cap, does that mean if At&t buy them and that they become and over 300b market cap entity, WB start winning again ?

I dont think Walt Disney will ever sell its film studio. The film studio is Walt Disney's key asset.

15 hours ago, vc2002 said:

I dont think Walt Disney will ever sell its film studio. The film studio is Walt Disney's key asset.

I was talking about AT&T buying Time Warner and all is division not Disney film studio, using a ridicule example to show that using that metric make little sense, the value of the conglomerate that happen to be owning a studio does not mean much, under that metric Sony == Fox.

Has for the Film studio being WD key asset, maybe (for what it mean for their parks and other assets), but ESPN is much bigger and profitable:

Disney_Segmental_-Operating_Profits_2016

pNvNsl0.jpg&key=d4d8237d9ea940f0aeeb7974

Screenshot-2016-02-04-16.14.09.png

Disney not so long ago was ESPN and a bit of some other stuff in term of profits (ESPN was over 60% of Disney total annual profit I think).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I was talking about AT&T buying Time Warner and all is division not Disney film studio.

Has for the Film studio being WD key asset, maybe (for what it mean for their parks and other assets), but ESPN is much bigger and profitable:

Disney_Segmental_-Operating_Profits_2016

pNvNsl0.jpg&key=d4d8237d9ea940f0aeeb7974

Screenshot-2016-02-04-16.14.09.png

Disney not so long ago was ESPN and a bit of some other stuff in term of profits (ESPN was over 60% of Disney total annual profit I think).

That's definitely true. ESPN has been Disney's biggest money maker for long.

But of cause we all know the studio is one of the driving force for the parks and other assets, so when we look at the studios impact, we're literally looking at 32% (theme parks) + 14%(studio) plus some from 11% consumer products. (Not that the studio is reponsible for all of them of cause.) 

As for the AT&T buyout thing, since comparing net worth is not a serious debate in the first place, let's just wait till Time Warner gets delisted before we figure out how to redo the comparison lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Thread title "Marvel Vs DC Vs Star Wars vs Harry Potter"

So it's pretty much Disney vs WB, isnt it?

As of yesterday

Disney net worth: $158.3 billion

Time Warner net worth: $71.2 billion

Disney wins by a large margin.

AT&T+Time Warner = $186 billion + $500bn physical assets 

9 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

HYPED BEYOND BELIEF FOR DC COMICS FUTURE:

The fuck is with that Spider-Man looking mother-fucker in the corner?

Spoiler

I don't actually care, just felt like pointing out he looks like Spider-Man.

14 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

gz2kynogg7101.jpg

Is this the Thanos that people would have preferred?

My theory is that Thanos in GOTG is tanned because he hangs up in space next to giant suns and when he arrives to Earth his tan lost all of its purpleness looking for a tan bed.

11 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

#s speak for themselves. First five movies:

DCEU Total Dom - 1.5B, WW - 3.6B (and growing!)

MCU  Total Dom - 1.1B, WW - 2.3B

Clear winner, DCEU.

I rest my case. #s don't lie.

Reveal hidden contents

The returns are diminishing for DCU though.

Like to see how big a hit SS2 would be. 

15 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

#s speak for themselves. First five movies:

DCEU Total Dom - 1.5B, WW - 3.6B (and growing!)

MCU  Total Dom - 1.1B, WW - 2.3B

Clear winner, DCEU.

I rest my case. #s don't lie.

Reveal hidden contents

This really demonstrates WB's strategy though. Short term gain vs long term build-up. Their desire for fast money ruined their chance of making their own Avengers level cash cow.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

My theory is that Thanos in GOTG is tanned because he hangs up in space next to giant suns and when he arrives to Earth his tan lost all of its purpleness looking for a tan bed.

Or maybe the film isn’t finished yet.

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This really demonstrates WB's strategy though. Short term gain vs long term build-up. Their desire for fast money ruined their chance of making their own Avengers level cash cow.

It also demonstrates that the market changed in the 5 years between Iron Man and MoS. of the 4 marvel movies to make less than 200M, 3 were from before the avengers. the 4th is Antman.

WW, None of the 5 Marvel movies before Avengers made as much as MoS, individually. End of the day, JL will make more than those 5.

More fun #s.

Christopher Reeves Superman movies, DOM total 1.1B (4-films) Adjusted

Tim Burton/Keaton Batman, DOM total 912M (2-films) Adjusted

Dark Knight Trilogy, Dom Total 1.5B (3-films) Adjusted, WW 2.5B

And just for fun, if we take the first 3 superman movies, and Tim Burton movies (5 films) total adjusted Dom is 1.9B.

First 4 Supes movies, then Batman, it's 1.6B.

All this is useless information that I find interesting.

• Like 1