Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Nova said:

My point was that Disney would have never green lit a Deadpool movie to begin with. Fox only green lit out of desperation and fan demand. And Logan would have never have been made either. 

Not what it means going forward. Disney loves money....so they'll find a way to keep Deadpool going. They'll release Deadpool the way they released the Punisher. 

I hope Disney scrap all FOX upcoming Marvel movies that isn't in production and reboot them under the MCU banner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Marvel Studios could easily release Deadpool or they revive Touchstone

1 minute ago, Jordanstine said:

THIS.

I think Disney just re-names Fox Searchlight as just "Searchlight" and uses it as the main banner for any of their R-rated releases.

Heck, they could just keep the name Fox for all this. as long as Disney isn't in front of it, they got no problems.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

My point was that Disney would have never green lit a Deadpool movie to begin with. Fox only green lit out of desperation and fan demand. And Logan would have never have been made either. 

Not what it means going forward. Disney loves money....so they'll find a way to keep Deadpool going. They'll release Deadpool the way they released the Punisher. 

I don't know. I think Disney would have shoved out Deadpool through Touchstone if there was fan demand.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Marvel Studios could easily release Deadpool or they revive Touchstone

Not sure about easily I think they would come up with a subbrand like Marvel something, they had a Marvel Knight production company for a bit for example for Punisher and Ghost Rider movies.

There is probably perceived values for Disney in Marvel/Star Wars/etc.. being considered in advance an extremely safe entertainment for all the family from very young kid to grand parents, even the most prude and less adventurous of them.

If they would own Fox they would already have a channel for R-rated movie in place they can use also obviously at least for a while.

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

You're right about Logan because it is a franchise finisher. Fox is forcing itself to reboot the character if the Disney deal falls through because their X-Men films have been built around Wolverine. 

Deadpool would have been made. I don't understand that argument at all.

Been listening to a few vlogs.

If this goes through, it makes sense that Fantastic Four will be the only guaranteed to be joining the MCU, but that the X-Men maybe left separately to do their own thing separate from the MCU at least for the forseeable future with so many projects already in development.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Another possibility is that Fox becomes their Touchstone.

If the deal goes through and they get the Fox studio name in the deal, I think that's a strong possibility. The Fox brand name has more value than Touchstone, so it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

THIS.

I think Disney just re-names Fox Searchlight as just "Searchlight" and uses it as the main banner for any of their R-rated releases.

That would be a bit of a strange think to do, those specialty branch have a strong casting toward smaller budget movie that needed to be found, a distribution channel getting deal really different than Disney (much lower retention rate toward the studio) and that only distribute in the domestic Market (use Fox or someone else for others market), not necessarily appropriate for giant superheroes movies and you still need a worldwide Distribution.

Fox Searchlight is an excellent source of content for their streaming service with possible award visibility that bring diversity to their library that could continue if they do not touch it (and if you do touch it, it become an ordinary studio and loose is edge usually), Searchlight could be like Miramax back in the days for Disney.

Not sure if they are still interested in the movies business and their low return now, but probably they are, they know that crazy franchise run will not be permanent.

14 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

So when Disney buys out FOX that means we'll probably get 4+ Marvel movies a year as they would take over all the release dates that FOX would have initially had for their movies when they were a standalone movie studio. Remember 2016 had both Apocalpyse and Deadpool both are FOX movie releases together with Civil War and Doc Strange of Disney / Marvel. Now with Disney buying out FOX we could potentially see those 2 FOX CBM's be an addition to the typical 2 MCU movies per year except now those 2 FOX CBM's will be absorbed into the MCU as MCU movies. So in the future the landscape of CBM's released will be 4 MCU movies, 1 Sony spider-verse movie, 2 DCU movies for a grand total of 7 CBM's per year at the very least.

We're already getting 3 MCU films a year.    2017- GOTG2/SMC/Thor3  2018- BP/IW/A&W  2019- CM/ Avengers 4/ SM2

I wonder if buying Fox might limit those additional films to 2 a year instead of the 3 they're going for next year

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I hope Disney scrap all FOX upcoming Marvel movies that isn't in production and reboot them under the MCU banner.

I think they might do this with Gambit. Would explain why Channing Tatum replaced :kitschjob: in the role.

Still hope that the R-rated stuff they have planned goes forward regardless, even if with Fox distribution (kinda how Touchstone was Disney's excuse to release adult/mature films back in the day).

Edited by MCKillswitch123

6 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

You're right about Logan because it is a franchise finisher. Fox is forcing itself to reboot the character if the Disney deal falls through because their X-Men films have been built around Wolverine. 

Deadpool would have been made. I don't understand that argument at all.

How can one know that ? Specially with the strong no R-rated movie close they have, that movie would have maybe never been made if someone has powerful at Fox like Kinberg didn't push it.

5 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

If the deal goes through and they get the Fox studio name in the deal, I think that's a strong possibility. The Fox brand name has more value than Touchstone, so it makes sense.

As I mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if the FOX name is licensed to Disney from 21st Century Fox since FOX the network and FOX News aren't part of the deal. 

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

As I mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised if the FOX name is licensed to Disney from 21st Century Fox since FOX the network and FOX News aren't part of the deal. 

My guess is this if Disney gets Fox:

Disney uses the Fox label and retitles it as Searchlight and uses it for a Touchstone replacement. Avatar is released under Disney.

Deadpool, F4 and New Mutants are retconed into the MCU and while the XCU is separate they crossover every now and then.

DisneyToon uses the films under the Blue Sky label.

Edited by YourMother

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

How can one know that ? Specially with the strong no R-rated movie close they have, that movie would have maybe never been made if someone has powerful at Fox like Kinberg didn't push it.

They are making movies with a lot more obscure characters than Deadpool. It would have been made. Maybe not R-rated, so if the curse words were what you really liked about the movie, yeah you woulda lost out. But a Deadpool movie would have been made.

Are there still enough studios out there that legally one can't make the argument of Monopoly?

Look, I want F4 and all Marvel characters back but I also feel that the rest of the Fox catalog, Simpsons being one, is a huge deal. Avatar I don't care about. I honestly don't see it taking back off but we'll see. 

What's next? Disney buys Universal outright to get the Hulk Distribution rights back and whatever else seems tied up with Namor?

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I doubt Disney will license the name. If the name comes in the deal, they'd use it. I can't see them paying to use the Fox name when they can use the Touchstone name for free. If the Fox name meant so much, Disney would have jumped to remove it from ESB and ROTJ.

2 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Are there still enough studios out there that legally one can't make the argument of Monopoly?

Look, I want F4 and all Marvel characters back but I also feel that the rest of the Fox catalog, Simpsons being one, is a huge deal. Avatar I don't care about. I honestly don't see it taking back off but we'll see. 

What's next? Disney buys Universal outright to get the Hulk Distribution rights back and whatever else seems tied up with Namor?

Would this deal include the Simpsons? That's Fox TV, not movies.