Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, manny1234 said:

Disney has a good relationship with Jim especially with the Avatar theme park at Disney.

Yep, that and Jim being untouchable because of Avatar/Titanic means I'm not worried for Avatar at all. Also he has a history of not taking any shit from studio executives trying to ruin his movies, he shuts them down every time.

Most suck for directors who ain't big who probably get bossed around by studio executives who possess the creative vision of a slug

Just now, svenson said:

This!

I hope some people higher up realize this. 

I wouldn't count on the 'higher ups' caring too much about it. They're not exactly the bastions of industry regulation.

1 minute ago, svenson said:

But they can’t compete with them because of all their established franchises. I see something very wrong with this. Also how are Disney gonna manage all these movies in the theaters when they as you say will still release FOX movies too on top of all these franchises Lucasfilm, MCU, Pixar soon Avatar, x-men, Alien ect. Are they gonna open these movies in the same week or a week after which will then practically cannibalize their own movies. 

Established franchises are just movies at the end of the day, just because one company own more brands than another doesn’t stop another company to release and profit a competing movie.

As for scheduling, Disney doesn’t release that many films (I think they only have 9 this year) and every other studio are scaling back and making less movies, they’ll figure it out.

This streaming service could also be a paradigm shift. A new place to premiere films, which if successful, could lead to every other studio doing the same thing.

Studio executives tried to make Jim change the ending of Titanic so that Jack lives, despite it being a story about the hardness of separation. They asked him to send them the scene so he made the scene really as poorly as he could and sent them it as a fuck you.

Also in one of his earlier films (Aliens  or The Terminator I think), an exec called him in for a meeting and he brought a prop shotgun with him, placed in on the desk and said "I'm willing to discuss anything"...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Studio executives tried to make Jim change the ending of Titanic so that Jack lives, despite it being a story about the hardness of separation. They asked him to send them the scene so he made the scene really as poorly as he could and sent them it as a fuck you.

Also in one of his earlier films (Aliens  or The Terminator I think), an exec called him in for a meeting and he brought a prop shotgun with him, placed in on the desk and said "I'm willing to discuss anything"...

That awesome and even If I do not like some of his movies, I have to respect him for standing for his convictions.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

sad but this, thanks goodness Jim is Jim otherwise they would try to ruin the Avatar sequels. 

1. Disney wanted to make Avatar when Fox backed out originally.

2. Disney has an Avatar land in Walt Disney World.

3. Disney lets Kennedy handle Lucasfilm and Feige handle Marvel.

Conclusion: there is no logic in the statement that Disney would try to ruin Avatar.

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

1. Disney wanted to make Avatar when Fox backed out originally.

2. Disney has an Avatar land in Walt Disney World.

3. Disney lets Kennedy handle Lucasfilm and Feige handle Marvel.

Conclusion: there is no logic in the statement that Disney would try to ruin Avatar.

Im in agreement

9 minutes ago, manny1234 said:

@IronJimbo Since you are the huge Avatar fan have you in fact visited Avatar Land at Disney theme park but if no do you have plans in the future to visit it?

I have plans but the trip will cost £2.5k atleast because I live in the UK, everyone seems to love the flight of passage ride.

• Thanks 1

To clarify when I say "studio execs try to ruin the film" I'm not saying they're intentionally trying to ruin the movie. They're trying to make it more successful but they're no filmmakers and have the creative vision of slugs.

To think some cocky executive has tried to Jim how to make one of his movies makes me sick to the core, the Jack living example being the worst I've heard.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Yikes, he actually gave in and filmed the scene as execs requested. Embarrassing. 

Im actually really disappointed Jim did this, I thought he was tougher then that. Counter that with Joss Whedon refusing to film a scene where cap said avengers assemble because he always knew he wanted the hard cut before he said assemble. 

Pretty crazy that whedon has more backbone thqn cameron. Sad. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ghostbusters! said:

Yikes, he actually gave in and filmed the scene as execs requested. Embarrassing. 

Im actually really disappointed Jim did this, I thought he was tougher then that. Counter that with Joss Whedon refusing to film a scene where cap said avengers assemble because he always knew he wanted the hard cut before he said assemble. 

Pretty crazy that whedon has more backbone thqn cameron. Sad. 

He was overbudget on the most expensive film ever made and was late at the time, he had multiple fires under his ass and the media was loving talking aboit the "shipwreck". Whedon would have a mental breakdown if experiences just half the pressure. Also bare in mind Jim has handled more pressure than any director ever (literally).

Titanic's success was so beautiful that the executives giving him shit all got fired because they agreed to remove Jims flat fee and change it to a percentage.

Comparing Wheldon to Cameron is a sin you must repent now or you will never be at peace. Put your palms together and repeat with me.

"Forgive me Jim for I was a fool"

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

He was overbudget on the most expensive film ever made and was late at the time, he had multiple fires under his ass and the media was loving talking aboit the "shipwreck". Whedon would have a mental breakdown if experiences just half the pressure. Also bare in mind Jim has handled more pressure than any director ever (literally).

Titanic's success was so beautiful that the executives giving him shit all got fired because they agreed to remove Jims flat fee and change it to a percentage.

Comparing Wheldon to Cameron is a sin you must repent now or you will never be at peace. Put your palms together and repeat with me.

Lol, I would have agreed before the world witnessed Jim sell out to pimp terminator genisys......man......

15 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

:hahaha:

21 hours ago, Ghostbusters! said:

Counter that with Joss Whedon refusing to film a scene where cap said avengers assemble because he always knew he wanted the hard cut before he said assemble. 

Any source supporting that, from what I just read it was not in the script and he didn't film it with no one asking him too do so.

Learning that he didn't had any form of conditional final cut and was worrying about that possibility that if he would have filmed it, some exec could have pressured him into putting it is not surprising obviously, but that a returning director on a sequel of a 1.6b dollar movies....

Unpopular opinions of mine:

TFA is better than Empire, on par with ANH

Civil War is better than The Winter Soldier

The Winter Soldier is highly overrated/boring

The Hobbit trilogy was good (or ok at least)

Wonder Woman is better than the TDK trilogy

And lastly, Avatar is better than Star Wars (all of it)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Royce said:

This is like the perfect hipster list. WOW

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Royce said:

Reported.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Royce said:

Some hot, hot, takes.