Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

32 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's a good option but I'm worried if Ant-man does well in China no one will join my club!

Fingers crossed 😛          

If you want fewer outs you could go for Logan at 615.

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Wonder Woman captivated audiences because of the romance, the sincere and innocent character that Diana was, and because it was not afraid to embrace the emotions. None of this is part of the MCU formula. It's very reductive to compare it to Marvel just because it was lighter than the Snyder movies.

So Marvel movies aren't emotional?

Someone should inform my box of tissue.

Almost every year there's a Marvel tearjerker.

Iron Man (mentor's death)

Cap 1 (last dance, sacrifice)

TA (Iron Man's sacrifice)

GotG (Groot's sacrifice)

GotG2 (Yonfu's sacrifice)

SMH (Peter crying out for help)

BP (emotional rollercoaster for me)

IW (Gamora scenes were very powerful imo)

I'm not sure what was so emotional about WW. The third act was Captain Planet level cheesy.

8 hours ago, grey ghost said:

GotG (Groot's sacrifice)

I'm not sure what was so emotional about WW. The third act was Captain Planet level cheesy.

You are just being callous on purpose (and I could dismiss any of the scenes you mention with a "meh, what's so emotional about those?" But I won't):

Diana leaves Themyscira; the moment when she says goodbye to her mother is incredibly sad and poignant

• Antiope's sacrifice to save Diana's life
  • Diana leaves Themyscira; the moment when she says goodbye to her mother is incredibly sad and poignant
  • No Man's Land  was simply an iconic moment in modern cinema that neither you or anyone can deny it; everybody who praises it raves about how emotionally resonant and powerful it was
  • The death of Steve Trevor was a tear-jerker as well as the moment when Diana spares Dr. Poison's life when she recalls Steve's words about humanity being good. 
  • The Trafalgar Square celebration scene was an absolute tearjerker

And 'cheesy'? MCU fan calling other films cheesy is sooooo IRONIC. :hahaha:

• Like 1

Only 1 week left to the trailers for Aquaman film and the real Captain Marvel film and the Titans show and footage from Wonder Woman 2 and the release date announcement of Justice League - The Snyder Cut on Blu-ray.

UF3DqbX.gif

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

50 minutes ago, StevenG said:

You are just being callous on purpose (and I could dismiss any of the scenes you mention with a "meh, what's so emotional about those?" But I won't):

Diana leaves Themyscira; the moment when she says goodbye to her mother is incredibly sad and poignant

• Antiope's sacrifice to save Diana's life
  • Diana leaves Themyscira; the moment when she says goodbye to her mother is incredibly sad and poignant
  • No Man's Land  was simply an iconic moment in modern cinema that neither you or anyone can deny it; everybody who praises it raves about how emotionally resonant and powerful it was
  • The death of Steve Trevor was a tear-jerker as well as the moment when Diana spares Dr. Poison's life when she recalls Steve's words about humanity being good. 
  • The Trafalgar Square celebration scene was an absolute tearjerker

And 'cheesy'? MCU fan calling other films cheesy is sooooo IRONIC. :hahaha:

You think I fear your "meh"?

You guys already give countless "meh's" towards MCU. That's the entire reason it neededvto be addressed in the first place.

Now to go further down the mutually subjective rabbit hole there are three main problems with WW's tear jerkers.

1) Lack of proper build up

2) Brief execution

3) Over saturation

These three factors make the WW tear jerkers feel forced and insincere imo.

Again all of this is subjective but I'm simply stating why I prefer Marvel's formula.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I used to pride myself on being "too strong" to cry at movies.

When I was a young padawan.

"Those who do not weep, do not see."

- Victor Hugo

I cry at movies too but I find it hard in Marvel movies, it's quite hard to get emotional invested in clowns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I cry at movies too but I find it hard in Marvel movies, it's quite hard to get emotional invested in clowns

For example one minute Starlord is being a joker and doing dances and stuff like that, then the next he's crying for his pet tree? The swift changes in turn in MCU films can be quite jarring.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

You people cry way too easily. 

Tell that to me, the guy who cried at the ending of Uncle Drew and got teary-eyed at the end of Skyscraper.  And that's just scratching the surface.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, grey ghost said:

GotG (Groot's sacrifice)

I'll give you Yondu (who is Yonfu?) and Groots sacrifice. Those were emotional. The rest were meh. A big problem I have with MCU and them trying to be emotional, is the fact they have to crack a joke literally 2 seconds after the scene takes place.

PS: Diana walking through the village filled with injured soldiers and civilians (kids too) is an incredibly emotional scene. And it's not ruined by them cracking a joke 2 seconds later...

33 minutes ago, El Gato said:

I'll give you Yondu (who is Yonfu?) and Groots sacrifice. Those were emotional. The rest were meh. A big problem I have with MCU and them trying to be emotional, is the fact they have to crack a joke literally 2 seconds after the scene takes place.

PS: Diana walking through the village filled with injured soldiers and civilians (kids too) is an incredibly emotional scene. And it's not ruined by them cracking a joke 2 seconds later...

I agree a lot with this and for the most part I love the MCU (ironically the most comedic ones, the Guardians had the most tearjerkers for me, but would personally add IW and Panther (but that one has a special place in my heart moreso than almost any superhero movie)). Most of the MCU movies are entertaining popcorn movies to great but they can’t do emotional and comedy at the same time, it creates a small tonal whiplash, which is why I understand why some people don’t care for the movies. The humor can sometimes smother the some of their films in places unneeded and awkward.

Wonder Woman is also great at the emotional points of the movie, it does so better than most modern CBMs. 

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

5 hours ago, El Gato said:

Humorless.