Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

This thread has officially become a cesspool.

936375-james-cameron.jpg

If you come at the king you must be ready, otherwise you'll run home crying like dudlab

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

DC has such a rich library of characters and stories that not only are better than Marvel's, but also more well known thanks to many adaptations on films, animations, tv series and video games. DC is a gold mine that WB still haven't figured out how to explore, which is crazy. They need to crack the code.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

DC has such a rich library of characters and stories that not only are better than Marvel's, but also more well known thanks to many adaptations on films, animations, tv series and video games. DC is a gold mine that WB still haven't figured out how to explore, which is crazy. They need to crack the code.

I’d actually be down for a Snyder Injustice movie down the line when they figure stuff out first.

Just now, Napoleon said:

You’d think that. Honestly outside of Batgirl and Robin, DC have pretty much exhausted all their well known characters.

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

You’d think that. Honestly outside of Batgirl and Robin, DC have pretty much exhausted all their well known characters.

Pretty much Aquaman/Flash/Catwoman reboot left ?

I imagine it went like this before 2008s:

Superman/Batman

Joker-Robin / Wonder Woman

Catwoman / Luthor / Penguins well the Batman/Superman movies people in generals.

Aquaman

Green Lantern  / Flash

Not sure I know any other and by knowing I am only saying knowing their name/high concept I have no idea what Green Lantern/Flash do.

Edited by Barnack

13 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

...They have been exploring it for decades and continue to do so, exhaustively. How many more dozens of TV shows do you need exactly?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Very wrong. DC was better until Kirby created F4. Then Ditko came up with Spider-man and Marvel was way ahead. DC caught up in the 70s with Kirby's 4th World and O'Neil's Batman. In the 80s Miller and Moore kept the balances. 

The real difference is that Marvel had Mark Gruenwald. Can't beat that shit, there's a reason he was the most beloved person in the industry. 

• Thanks 1

Also, if DC wants to succeed they need to stop focusing on the big 3 that much. 

They have Booster Gold & Blue Beetle. They have goddamn Plastic Man. The Question. Swamp Thing. A dozen great characters they have forgotten about. 

For me, DC's huge mistake will always be killing the legion of superheroes. 

• Like 1

Another problem DC have is the old Marvel problem. Nowadays Marvel can stick out Captain Marvel, Ant Man, Doctor Strange and Black Panther and nobody bats an eye, people anticipated those movies coming out. I remember a time where those characters were considered lame.

DC’s characters are still kinda lame. The lack of trust the audience have with the brand ain’t helping either. Who wants to see movies about Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, and Hawkman at this point.

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

Also, if DC wants to succeed they need to stop focusing on the big 3 that much. 

They have Booster Gold & Blue Beetle. They have goddamn Plastic Man. The Question. Swamp Thing. A dozen great characters they have forgotten about. 

For me, DC's huge mistake will always be killing the legion of superheroes. 

Honestly I feel they should’ve kicked off the whole universe with the lesser known characters so that people can get used to the idea of lesser known heroes being adapted. Worked for Marvel.

Who wants to see a Suicide Squad film? It will flop.........:ph34r:

WB have not even began to scratch the surface with their DC library. If they can do Shazam, then nothing is off the table.

3 hours ago, Hades said:

Who wants to see a Suicide Squad film? It will flop.........:ph34r:

Has anyone serious said that after Guardian of the Galaxy 1 first weekend ? or Will Smith cast announcement ?

But they still had Joker + batman cameo in there, probably some exec having that thought in mind.

Edited by Barnack

10 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

I promise I will not be as obnoxious as they are when the time comes. I don't have any personal stakes here anyway. 

Yeah right.

You and Futurist will spearhead the triggered troupe of crying stans whenever the MCU starts flopping.

You Marvel zombies are so transparent...

• Thanks 1

In case anyone wanted the CURRENT superhero schedule, to the best of my knowledge.

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

October 5, 2018 - Venom
December 14, 2018 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
December 21, 2018 - Aquaman

January 11, 2019 - Hellboy
February 14, 2018 - Dark Phoenix

March 8, 2019 - Captain Marvel
April 5, 2019 - Shazam!
May 3, 2019 - Untitled Avengers

June 7, 2019 - Gambit
July 5, 2019 - Spider-Man: Far From Home

August 2, 2019 - New Mutants
November 1, 2019 - Wonder Woman 1984
November 22, 2019 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film

February 14, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
March 13, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
May 1, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

June 5, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
June 26, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film
July 24, 2020 - Untitled DC Film

July 31, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film

November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

March 5, 2021 - Untitled Fox/Marvel Film

May 7, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

November 5, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film

I see that to be a "True' DC fan denial of reality is a basic requirement.

Fact is, as far the movies goes, Marvel Studios level of execution has been vastly better then DC Studios.

Anybody denyng this just denying reality.

And still amused how many DC fans still worship at the altar of Zack Snyder,,though if poiting fingers as to who is to blame for DC's inability to catch up to the MCU, Snyder has got to take a good deal of the blame.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

In case anyone wanted the CURRENT superhero schedule, to the best of my knowledge.

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

November 6, 2020 - Untitled Marvel Film

February 12, 2021 - Untitled Marvel Film

No one brave enough I see.

• Haha 1