Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, Serpico Jones said:

Aquaman and Bumblebee have been testing incredibly well. Look for those two to hit big later this year.

Unfoturnatley they will hit against each other......

2 hours ago, Quake said:

Maube you missed the latest one. Its badass as hell

DiUbbbeUcAA9hbT.jpg:orig

It's OK for a niche comic book audience.

For the GA, it's not very good.

Not everybody is a comic book geek. Something a lot of fanboys seem to have trouble understanding.

Edited by dudalb

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Aquaman should easily beat Bumblebee Domestic but will be an interesting contest Overseas. 

Bumblebee has a 90% shot at beating Aquaman OS IMO. I don't see it dropping much if at all from The Last Knight.

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Bumblebee has a 90% shot at beating Aquaman OS IMO. I don't see it dropping much if at all from The Last Knight.

Your obsession with that silly pop star wannabe (who used to be a promising Oscar-nominated actress) is making you say dumb things.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I bet the laughing stock Aquaman will beat at least half of the MCU movies domestic.

Just like Wonder Woman did.

But let the Marvel zombies laugh now.

I am sure that once Aquaman hits and suceeds, they will come up with the usual (and desperate) "it was only a hit because it homaged MCU"...

:hahaha:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dudalb said:

It's OK for a niche comic book audience.

For the GA, it's not very good.

Not everybody is a comic book geek. Something a lot of fanboys seem to have trouble understanding.

Star Wars was a monster hit without comic book geeks with such a poster. 

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

Just like Wonder Woman did.

But let the Marvel zombies laugh now.

I am sure that once Aquaman hits and suceeds, they will come up with the usual (and desperate) "it was only a hit because it homaged MCU"...

:hahaha:

Again only three solo superhero origin movies did $400M. 

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

Your obsession with that silly pop star wannabe (who used to be a promising Oscar-nominated actress) is making you say dumb things.

Her career is doing fine, thank you very much. Most 21 year old actresses would kill for an Oscar nomination and two Golden Globe nominations.

• Like 1

DCEU Domestic Average: $317,618,694

DCEU Overseas Average: $436,000,000

MCU Domestic Average: $339,334,680

MCU Overseas Average: $520,000,000

DCEU and MCU on a surface level analysis are comparable in North America but MCU has the clear advantage Overseas. Also noting the MCU figures include AMaTW's current totals so those averages especially Overseas are gonna rise. 

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

The hotness level of this take is like -273 C. It’s just obviously true.

I'd argue the Nolan Batman impact in the industry started with Batman Begins in 2005 when every dormant franchises had to be rebooted into a "dark & gritty" movie. TDK was just the culmination of that trend, not the genesis.

Though I got an even hotter take. The impact started with Michael Mann and cinematographer Dante Spinotti. Without them, no TDK trilogy which is Batman comics seen through a Michael Mann's lens, loosely based on Manhunter (Batman Begins) which spawned a whole genre of thrillers (serial killers profiling that ironically culminated with Silence Of the Lambs and Seven) and TV shows (profiler/forensic procedurals up to this day), Heat (TDK) and Public Enemies (TDKR). The latter is ironic considering Bale stars as a simili-Batman that ends up being broken down mentally from chasing the bad guy and Marion Cotillard who plays the populist antagonist.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2