Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

39 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Correction: Members were rightly pissed at one particular mod, who is long gone now. That's a coincidence, of course. ;)

Hm? Don't think I was around for that. I remember early this year when the title wasn't being updated, a lot of the more vocal posters were screaming about how their movie wasn't getting the attention it deserved.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Can we take out Star Wars out of the title? It not fair to other franchise to compared to the greatest box office franchise of all time.

Eventually Avatar 2 will face it and maybe give it a worthy challenge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

...You're just asking for Jimbo to come rant at you with that.

No, why has he been posting in thread? I just saw this thread title and assumed it was comic book movie fanboys fighting and wanted to bring peace back to forums before the shared universe time. 

2DA056C000000578-3281767-image-a-2_14454

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

No, why has he been posting in thread? I just saw this thread title and assumed it was comic book movie fanboys fighting and wanted to bring peace back to forums before the shared universe time. 

2DA056C000000578-3281767-image-a-2_14454

Click back a page...more if you like

25 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Can we take out Star Wars out of the title? It not fair to other franchise to compared to the greatest box office franchise of all time.

Elsewhere, IronJimbo snaps awake and turns his head in the direction of Southern California

• Like 3

On 12/21/2016 at 2:04 PM, rukaio101 said:

Elsewhere, IronJimbo snaps awake and turns his head in the direction of Southern California

Good I am not in Southern California for the next couple of weeks. I went back home. Good luck IronJimbo.

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

On 12/21/2016 at 2:11 PM, RandomJC said:

Hm? Don't think I was around for that. I remember early this year when the title wasn't being updated, a lot of the more vocal posters were screaming about how their movie wasn't getting the attention it deserved.

Said mod was putting spoilers in thread titles and refusing to delete them when objections were raised. The Hurt as Ross announcement was one of those spoilers, not a major one but irritating nonetheless. 

4 hours ago, Talkie said:

Said mod was putting spoilers in thread titles and refusing to delete them when objections were raised. The Hurt as Ross announcement was one of those spoilers, not a major one but irritating nonetheless. 

Well, that is frustrating.

On 12/19/2016 at 11:12 AM, Captain Craig said:

Thin Man should be in the discussion, from 1934, and spawned 5 sequels through 1947. The first was based off the book, not sure if the sequels are based on books or if there are/were follow up novels.

The protagonist is a P.I. and Johnny Depp expressed some interest a few years ago in reviving the brand. 

On 12/19/2016 at 11:40 AM, Talkie said:

The Thin Man films are absolute classics. William Powell and Myrna Loy in the lead roles had the sort of chemistry that most screen couples can only dream of. Depp, with all of his weird tics and dependence on bizarre makeup, isn't at all suited to play Nick Charles. 

Awesome to see others know about the Thin Man movies.   Love those movies.  Powell and Loy might have been the early definition of chemistry together for everything that followed.   Trivia, Myrna Loy was FDR's favorite actress and they would screen the Thin Man movies in the White House for him.

I think Depp would have as much success following Powell as he did following Gene Wilder.   But I have to admit I would be there opening weekend if they revived those characters.