Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Daammmmn.  Pablo comin' with the shade that he usually reserves for the Bayformers franchise!

(Almost put this in Casual Conversation, but I figured there might actually be enough fans of Leto's Joker, that it was safer to put it here)

((And it probably belongs here in spirit anyways :ph34r::D))

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Porthos said:

Daammmmn.  Pablo comin' with the shade that he usually reserves for the Bayformers franchise!

(Almost put this in Casual Conversation, but I figured there might actually be enough fans of Leto's Joker, that it was safer to put it here)

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who truly enjoyed Suicide Squad. :sadno: Admittedly, I had a ball watching it because it was so gawdawful that it made me laugh so hard I was in tears by the end. When Waller went all stabby-stabby on Enchantress' heart I nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. Harley bonking people on the head with a mallet, Jai Courtney hugging a sparkly unicorn and sneaking swigs, Emo Joker, the wavy-armed villain -- if a movie is going to go balls-to-the-walls crazy just to make me laugh I will love it forever. ? 

• Like 4

http://comicbook.com/2016/12/29/spider-man-deadpool-12-takes-a-jab-at-zack-synder/

In Spider-Man/Deadpool #12, which is written by Nick Giovannetti and Paul Scheer, the city is befallen by a rather angry and medieval looking Santa Claus. It turns out that he is in fact not Santa, and is instead the ancient God Saturn. He's a bit upset at what the civilian population has turned his annual Saturnalia celebration into, and he's ready to let them know just how upset he is.

Fortunately for society's sake, Deadpool gets kicked out of a Christmas party (for his inappropriate shirt no less) and happens to bump into Spider-Man. The two stumble upon Saturn and set out to stop him from killing everyone. As they watch from afar Deadpool says "Who IS this guy? It's like Santa stopped eating cookies and started doing cross fit", to which Spidey responds "He looks like Zack Snyder made a movie about Santa, but instead of delivering presents, he works out and murders."

:rofl:

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

If a film has major flaws why would or should a critic like it or recommend it?  That's what RT is - yay or nay.   If you want to see what the avg grade is that's also there right under the RT score.

When you start behaving like the Chinese gov't in regards to the movie business believing that critics solely exist to champion and boost up the films you want to make money  maybe you should take a step back into reality.

What I am saying is that based on what other superhero/blockbuster movies get on RT, the 27% that BvS got is not remotely justified. How on earth does almost every Marvel movie get something approaching or above 90%? How did Ghostbusters get a 72%? If you fail to see the inconsistency here, then you are being dishonest. 

FYI: Iron Man 2 72%, The Incredible Hulk 67%, X-Men Origins: Wolverine 38%, X-Men The Last Stand 58%, Fantastic Four; Silver Surfer 37%, PoTC3 45%, The Wolverine 69%, AoU 75%, Captain America: The First Avenger 80%, Thor 2 66%, Civil War 90%

BvS had many flaws that almost everyone is not only pointing out, but trumpeting to high heaven, but for example, tell me what the stakes really were at the overrated airport scene in Civil War? Civil War? It wasn't even like a soccer friendly! I can go on and on. 

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Like 3

Just now, PPZVGOS said:

What I am saying is that based on what other superhero/blockbuster movies get on RT, the 27% that BvS got is not remotely justified. How on earth does almost every Marvel movie get something approaching or above 90%? How did Ghostbusters get a 72%? If you fail to see the inconsistency here, then you are being dishonest. 

FYI: Iron Man 72%, The Incredible Hulk 67%, X-Men Origins: Wolverine 38%, X-Men The Last Stand 58%, Fantastic Four; Silver Surfer 37%, PoTC3 45%, The Wolverine 69%, AoU 75%, Captain America: The First Avenger 80%, Thor 2 66%, Civil War 90%

BvS had many flaws that almost everyone is not only pointing out, but trumpeting to high heaven, but for example, tell me what the stakes really were at the overrated airport scene in Civil War? Civil War? It wasn't even like a soccer friendly! I can go on and on. 

They didn't like what you liked so it's a CONSPIRACY. 

There's absolutely no need for you to go on.

• Like 4

On 12/25/2016 at 3:09 PM, Porthos said:

I didn't like SS much, but I didn't mind Leto.   Is he not popular because Ledger is seen as the final word on the character?

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

If a film has major flaws why would or should a critic like it or recommend it?  That's what RT is - yay or nay.   If you want to see what the avg grade is that's also there right under the RT score.

When you start behaving like the Chinese gov't in regards to the movie business believing that critics solely exist to champion and boost up the films you want to make money  maybe you should take a step back into reality.

And yet Marvel movies are littered with flaws. Still receive wall to wall positive reviews. Civil War getting the critical reception it did when it just wasn't on the level that Winter Soldier was is a travesty. That airport fight...please...stop...QUIPPING! A serious goddamn matter, NOPE sorry need jokes so the audience doesn't forget you don't really need to take this serious matter very seriously! I had no problem with Spidey being like that, that's who he is. But let up with the rest of the cast for once. I dread how badly things could go if they don't stick the landing with Thanos. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DealWithIt said:

And yet Marvel movies are littered with flaws. Still receive wall to wall positive reviews. Civil War getting the critical reception it did when it just wasn't on the level that Winter Soldier was is a travesty. That airport fight...please...stop...QUIPPING! A serious goddamn matter, NOPE sorry need jokes so the audience doesn't forget you don't really need to take this serious matter very seriously! I had no problem with Spidey being like that, that's who he is. But let up with the rest of the cast for once. I dread how badly things could go if they don't stick the landing with Thanos. 

You know, because a movie isn't as good as another doesn't make that movie bad.

Also, I think only Black Panther took the battle seriously. None of the other characters were serious in that fight. That's obvious by the quipping. Notice the third act fight had no quipping, it was the serious fight.

Edited by RandomJC
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

FYI: Iron Man 2 72%, The Incredible Hulk 67%, X-Men Origins: Wolverine 38%, X-Men The Last Stand 58%, Fantastic Four; Silver Surfer 37%, PoTC3 45%, The Wolverine 69%, AoU 75%, Captain America: The First Avenger 80%, Thor 2 66%, Civil War 90%

9 hours ago, DealWithIt said:

qcqQcyu.jpg

2 hours ago, RandomJC said:

You know, because a movie isn't as good as another doesn't make that movie bad.

Also, I think only Black Panther took the battle seriously. None of the other characters were serious in that fight. That's obvious by the quipping. Notice the third act fight had no quipping, it was the serious fight.

I dont remember Vision or Scarlet Witch saying any quips in that battle. Wanda even criticized Hawkeye for holding back.

Also did Cap quip? I dont think he did.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2016 at 9:32 PM, DMan7 said:

In keeping with the title for this thread...

Capture.jpg

Hillarious because it'll probably be true.

On 12/20/2016 at 9:54 PM, IronJimbo said:

by1iP0u.jpg

On 12/20/2016 at 10:18 PM, mredman said:

This is  so damn childish and pathetic behavior. And there are actually "PEOPLE" that think DC fans is to defensive. How can we not be if haters like yourself post such chidlish and immature stuff like this. Now who is the most mature fambase here. Because this is such a low blow. its not even funny its just pathetic!

You guys are salty.

raw

raw

9Mzkm_s-200x150.gif

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

They didn't like what you liked so it's a CONSPIRACY. 

There's absolutely no need for you to go on.

I didn't like any DC movie this year all that much, especially SS, which was atrocious at parts. You are confusing me with other situations. 

What I am saying though, is that BvS was rigorously critiqued within an inch of its life, while Marvel movies receive a tremendous amount of slack from many critics. On this point I stand 100%. I never cared for the DC/Marvel "rivalry" (I mean what is this? some football clubs' rivalry?) But once I saw how BvS was treated by critics (who may have been right or wrong BTW, that's not what I am discussing here) and the comparative immunity that Marvel movies enjoy I cried foul. 

I am saying one thing and one thing only. Apply the same criteria and same rigor in criticism to *all* movies, especially if from the same genre. 

A conspiracy is something that applies to issues far more serious than movie reviews (and yes, they happen all the time, only brainwashed idiots refuse this) I would call it a bias that can be rooted into any number of things and financial interests. 

On 26/12/2016 at 9:25 AM, Talkie said:

Sometimes I feel like the only person in the world who truly enjoyed Suicide Squad. :sadno: Admittedly, I had a ball watching it because it was so gawdawful that it made me laugh so hard I was in tears by the end. When Waller went all stabby-stabby on Enchantress' heart I nearly passed out from lack of oxygen. Harley bonking people on the head with a mallet, Jai Courtney hugging a sparkly unicorn and sneaking swigs, Emo Joker, the wavy-armed villain -- if a movie is going to go balls-to-the-walls crazy just to make me laugh I will love it forever. ? 

Nah, it would never have gotten the money it did if WOM had been as toxic as some people make it out to have been.

Leto was fine.  The new Joker would have gotten a serious backlash no matter what imho

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eddyxx said:

qcqQcyu.jpg

I dont remember Vision or Scarlet Witch saying any quips in that battle. Wanda even criticized Hawkeye for holding back.

Also did Cap quip? I dont think he did.

Cap bantered. And that fight is akin to a bunch of kids play fighting, none taking it seriously. (Outside a few exceptions.) 

There is a obvious tonal shift when one of the "kids" gets seriously hurt.

Another thing that I haven't heard anyone notice about Civil War. If Zemo is a former Sokovian Intelligence colonel, then why is he a German-speaker? All the descriptions and imagery from Sokovia in Age of Ultron point to Sokovia being a former Soviet state (something akin to Ukraine/Belarus/Moldova) The buildings, attire of officials, Cyrillic alphabet etc. The Maximoff twins, not only have Russian-sounding names but also rudimentary Russian accents as well. If Zemo is their compatriot, then why is he a German speaker and has to practice in order to clumsily deliver the Russian words that trigger the Winter Soldier? 

But the most obvious absurdity about the whole premise of Civil War is that the civilian losses from New York (Avengers) Washington DC (CA: Winter Soldier) Sokovia (Ultron) and Lagos (Civil War) are deemed as unacceptable or as the fault of the Avengers themselves. Any collateral damage that occurred in the first Avengers movies completely pales into comparison with the magnitude of the threat, a full-scale alien invasion, led by an inter-dimensional Hitler and his army of monsters. Hell, it was SHIELD/USG that was willing to NUKE New York in order to contain the fallout. How was it acceptable for the government to turn the world's most important metropolis into radioactive wasteland, but is unacceptable if a few hundred/thousand people die in order to save the entire planet? The Washington events were 100% the fault of the USG and other allies who were financing SHIELD for decades and approved its programs. Cap & Widow in fact saved humanity one more time. The Sokovia disaster was the only one that could be blamed on the Avengers, namely Stark & Banner who created Ultron in the first place, even if unintentionally. The Avengers still cleaned-up in the end. The Lagos incident was more than minor, and even then, Scarlet Witch did the right thing because of the bomb had exploded in its original position then the losses would have been far greater. 

• Like 1