Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

And in a nutshell this is the difference between people who’re in the biz and fans. Why on earth would he regret doing it?

Even if he did, not sure why he'd say it publicly if he wants to keep a good relationship with Warners. Trank is the exception, not the rule.

27 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

And in a nutshell this is the difference between people who’re in the biz and fans. Why on earth would he regret doing it?

Why the hell would Ayer regret making a film when his share of the profits from it probably set him up quite comfortably for life?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Why the hell would Ayer regret making a film when his share of the profits from it probably set him up quite comfortably for life?

Yeah I wish I could get rich thriving on mediocrity too.

You can bet if it was a flop, Ayer would still bitch on social medias how the movie was stolen from his "original vision", that he only had six weeks to write it and that it was butchered by a trailer company to "marvelize" it after marketing and test screenings reception. (Which it was, it's an editing mess).

Edited by dashrendar44

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I hope we get a good Suicide Squad sequel, the cast is great and the concept is great. We deserve a good Suicide Squad movie. 

Suicide Squad was good. But a better sequel would be great.

3 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

If that Disney-Fox deal does happen, the post-credit scene of Avengers 4 is going to be Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben taking off in their experimental shuttle...

Or going back. The forgotten heroes. Not just time displaced, but dimension displaced. Gah I need Peter and Johnny banter in my life. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Suicide Squad was good. But a better sequel would be great.

Ehhhhhh.... have to disagree. It wasn't just bad, it was Godawful. The cast and some of the characters were literally the only good things about it. Structure, script, plot, pacing, editing, cinematography, CGI..... all bad. Worst DCEU movie by a longshot (and I ain't no fan of MOS and BVS).

But yeah, a *good* sequel would be wonderful. The concept is so awesome - villains working for an expendable spec op sponsored by the government against their self-interest is an extremely intriguing idea. Especially with the do or die stakes that every character faces with the missions.

Hell, you don't even have to work that hard: just watch the animated movie Assault On Arkham, rip-off the basic structure (just have less MacGuffins and develop the characters to the max possible) and you're good.

39 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

If that Disney-Fox deal does happen, the post-credit scene of Avengers 4 is going to be Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben taking off in their experimental shuttle...

Probably.

Either that, or a Galactus tease. Because after Thanos, there's really no other way to change things up.

Also, should we get a Fox buyout from Disney, would they really be foolish enough to recast Deadpool and the successful likes? Deadpool can just break the fourth wall and jump dimensions anyway, so no need for that. Hell, there's a ton of potential for jokes involving Disneyfied Deadpool and Josh Brolin's Cable in the same universe as Thanos.

As far as the other X-Men, again, is it necessary to recast and reboot them all? It'd be very weird to see that, given how we're used to the same continuity since 2000. I say just do Secret Wars as Avengers 5 (call it something like Avengers Vs. X-Men: Secret Wars, or whatever) and bring in the other already established characters i.e. Gambit, New Mutants, X-23, etc.. 

• Thanks 1

Everytime I think about Suicide Squad I get fustrated cuz that movie had the most potential than any other superhero film in a long time (imo) It's a movie about villains and you dont get to play by the same rules that heroes has to. It says something that Deadpool was more of a villain than anybody in Suicide Squad was, hell Joker was basically a love sick boyfriend who wanted his girl back

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

Scarlet Witch explaining why there’s no mutants in the MCU leading up to a House of M movie.

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Mutants and their persecution never made sense in that universe anyways. F4 is probably the only thing they'd want to use.

It does makes sense. The Avengers live in their ivory tower and saved Earth quite some times by now, but not without some strong criticism and even laws against them working as a private squad. Now imagine that other regular people are getting superpowered too, to an alarming rate. Of course that this would make people hate and persecute mutants. They are walking WMDs. It can definitely work within the MCU. 

9 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It does makes sense. The Avengers live in their ivory tower and saved Earth quite some times by now, but not without some strong criticism and even laws against them working as a private squad. Now imagine that other regular people are getting superpowered too, to an alarming rate. Of course that this would make people hate and persecute mutants. They are walking WMDs. It can definitely work within the MCU. 

But wouldn't the Avengers step in and be like back off?

Just now, Rebeccas said:

But wouldn't the Avengers step in and be like back off?

How could the Avengers step in and say back off against prejudice and racism? I mean, they can and certainly condone all those things, but how can you hit back racism and prejudice? That would still be a thing, in a world where the Avengers and even the X-Men exist or not. Remember, the X-Men are usually the "poster boys", good looking people that happen to be mutant and heroes. That doesn't factor murlocks, people with weird abilities and well, crazy shit like Wanda going nuts, Legion or Onslaught. Anything can happen in the MCU. Including the rise of mutants. 

8 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

That time when Johnny broke up with Alicia and Peter bullied him about it. Unforgettable.

mDvp5yR.jpg

They just have some of the most coolest bromances in history of comics. It's just perfect. 

spidey-torch-01.jpg?w=604&h=904

spidey-torch-02.jpg?w=604&h=907

They just do. 

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1