Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Inside Out was Pete Docter's idea and his films are the most consistent, it's the one with troubled development like Brave and TGD that tend to have issues. Cars I think since John Lasseter's baby, there is no one who doesn't say no. I suspect it's the reason why their budgets have ballooned. Marvel Studios aside from Avengers have kept budgets below $200m.

I believe most Pixar films have bigger budgets because most of them tend to go through major changes through production, due to most Pixar directors trying to make their films "better". Of course that's only a guess, but that tends to happen with Pixar films anyway. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 1

Just now, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

I believe most Pixar films have bigger budgets because most of them tend to go through major changes through production, due to most Pixar directors trying to improve their films "better". Of course that's only a hunch, but that tends to happen with Pixar films anyway. 

WDAS tends to keep in the budgets at $150-165m but Pixar do try and bush boundaries technology wise as does Disney which other studios like Illumination don't tend to use whatever is working well. I do think if Pixar has another TGD flop, Disney will use that as ammunition to make budget and personnel cuts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Tele really isn't a CBM person.

Even if they made CBM's like Mad Max, they would be difficult to produce on a consistent basis and also be considered flops or disappointments based on Marvel's current expectations.

I loved Wonder Woman's theme 'Is She with You? from BvS and I hope they use it in the solo film. 

I really want Michael Giacchino to score another superhero film. I'm surprised he hasn't been asked by Marvel or WB yet

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Even if they made CBM's like Mad Max, they would be difficult to produce on a consistent basis and also be considered flops or disappointments based on Marvel's current expectations.

But why should I -- as an audience member -- care whether they're hard to produce or not, or what expectations the company holds?

I'm not expecting them to hit some crazy level of difficult production... but when top-flight television has more style and visual coherence than your average Marvel movie (or, admittedly, most tentpoles these days), that says a lot. Again, IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

But why should I -- as an audience member -- care whether they're hard to produce or not, or what expectations the company holds?

Harping on that seemed to work for The Revenant.

29 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I rather have safer movies then have the Avengers turn into batman vs superman.

It's safe but clearly what the masses want 

as someone who is used to watch a lot of films per month, a bunch of 'just decent' films in row makes me lose interest in cinema in general while a great film among bad ones rejuvenates my interest.

Edited by Goffe

20 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

WDAS tends to keep in the budgets at $150-165m but Pixar do try and bush boundaries technology wise as does Disney which other studios like Illumination don't tend to use whatever is working well. I do think if Pixar has another TGD flop, Disney will use that as ammunition to make budget and personnel cuts.

If Pixar has another flop, then I can unfortunately see Disney trying to have a bit more control over their films.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Superman 78 and Batman 89 are the definitive superhero themes.

They are up there with William's Indiana Jones and Star Wars.

They are, but Elfman's Batman 89 probably wouldn't be in my top three superhero themes if I'm being honest. 

ready for blasphemous post time?

Never cared for Willaim's Superman main theme. Zimmer did it better.

Also, I prefer Ottman's SR rendition of the love theme to the Williams work.

Edited by Goffe

2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

If Pixar has another flop, then I can unfortunately see Disney trying to have a bit more control over their films.  

The budgets would be cut to WDAS levels if that was the case which is still high but not $200-250m high. 

• Like 1

The arguement is simple.

A small vocal minority complain about more original films but end up going with the concensus and watch common folk fare anyways. 

People want films like fast 7 jurassic world and the Avengers and Sw7.

24 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'm not expecting them to hit some crazy level of difficult production... but when top-flight television has more style and visual coherence than your average Marvel movie (or, admittedly, most tentpoles these days), that says a lot. Again, IMO.

IMO.

Yet many shows cannot hold such quality past a few seasons regardless.