Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Ant

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Someone should just make a diagram of when and where the casts of these movies have worked together before. The list would be endless.

Yep.  Just a couple of the top of my head:

Anthony Mackie   -  Affleck (Runner, Runner) , The Rock (Pan Or Gain ) , Gadot (Triple 9) , Costner (Black or White) , Kim Basinger (8 Mile), Michael Shannon (8 Mile), Morgan Freeman (Milion Dollar Baby)

Chris Evans - Cillian Murphy (Sunshine),  Diane Lane (Fierce People),  Kim Basinger (Cellular),  Jeffrey Dean Morgan  (Losers - which was DC), Iceman (Michael Shannon), Scott Pilgrim (Brandon Routh)

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Ant

Anthony Mackie   -  Affleck (Runner, Runner) , The Rock (Pan Or Gain ) , Gadot (Triple 9) , Costner (Black or White) , Kim Basinger (8 Mile), Michael Shannon (8 Mile), Morgan Freeman (Milion Dollar Baby)

Chris Evans - Cillian Murphy (Sunshine),  Diane Lane (Fierce People),  Kim Basinger (Cellular),  Jeffrey Dean Morgan  (Losers - which was DC), Iceman (Michael Shannon), Scott Pilgrim (Brandon Routh)

Evans also worked with ScarJo twice before (The Perfect Score, The Nanny Diaries).

Affleck and Lane played lovers in Hollywoodland (about Superman TV actor George Reeves) 10 years ago.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Evans also worked with ScarJo twice before (The Perfect Score, The Nanny Diaries).

Affleck and Lane played lovers in Hollywoodland (about Superman TV actor George Reeves) 10 years ago.

Yep,  I was just doing Marvel and DC connections.  The Marvel bunch is completely incestuous.  Once upon a time Tony slept with both Aunt May and Peter Parker and was buddy buddy with Hank Pym.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

Yep,  I was just doing Marvel and DC connections.  The Marvel bunch is completely incestuous.  Once upon a time Tony slept with both Aunt May and Peter Parker and was buddy buddy with Hank Pym.

Wonder Boys is a great film. Of course one particular scene makes it a Tumblr classic in retrospect. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Wonder Boys is a great film. Of course one particular scene makes it a Tumblr classic in retrospect. :lol:

RDJ and Tobey in bed together, I assume.

It crossed my mind the other day just how sad Tobey's post-Spider-Man career has been.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Or you know a competent story teller with the ability to understand character on a level that rises above an off putting mix of Ayn Rand and 12 yr old meathead macho posturing. That and how to pace and structure a fucking film and use sunlight.   :P

Still better than Deadpool and Ant-Man :redcapes:

tbh, what isn't?

Edited by Goffe

21 minutes ago, Talkie said:

I fucking LOVE Wonder Boys.  So many great quotes. 

"That's a big trunk.  It holds a tuba, a suitcase, a dead dog, and a garment bag almost perfectly."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

Still better than Deadpool and Ant-Man :redcapes:

tbh, what isn't?

All of the X-Men movies. The series is po-faced collection of cheap-looking, boring disasters with weak scripts whose one okay episode (X2) appears to be excellent only by comparison to its awful companions. Deadpool at least managed to turn Fox's cheapness into a virtue and avoided the deadening weight of the series' annoying self-seriousness through manic humor and deft characterization. 

• Like 5

Someone posted on here a funny montage of recent Legendary pictures (including BvS) films and they all have the same thing in common :

rainy, night-y,dark, grey photography.

Lots of people subscribe to the theory that you are being artistic if you are filming the night, rain, to create a supposedly brooding atmosphere hence the constant Marvel TV looking films sarcasms because they choose by design to be set up during the day which is more difficult to create contrast.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Someone posted on here a funny montage of recent Legendary pictures (including BvS) films and they all have the same thing in common :

rainy, night-y,dark, grey photography.

Lots of people subscribe to the theory that you are being artistic if you are filming the night, rain, to create a supposedly brooding atmosphere hence the constant Marvel TV looking films sarcasms because they choose by design to be set up during the day which is more difficult to create contrast.

True story: I was watching 10 Cloverfield Lane yesterday and, before the film began, a WB/Legendary trailer started playing. It started out just like you mentioned it, rain, nighttime, grey photography. I was surprised that the projector seemed to be playing a BvS trailer before this film, considering the film was already in release for nearly a month.

Only about 10 seconds into the trailer did I realize it wasn't BvS. It was the new Tarzan movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

RDJ and Tobey in bed together, I assume.

It crossed my mind the other day just how sad Tobey's post-Spider-Man career has been.

Many young actors' careers fall off a cliff after a major triumph like starring in a blockbuster of winning an Oscar. Christopher Reeve's post-Superman filmography is grim. The same role did Brandon Routh even fewer favors. Maybe young actors should avoid iconic superheroes. ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Ant

Since when is Dwayne Johnson a Marvel superhero?