Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Just who the hell do you think I am MovieMan? I've been entertaining $4b for a while now.

It's as simple as this, if it becomes the highest grossing Domestic film, it makes $4b.

Stop rooting for another financial crisis to degrade the $. :gold:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Stop rooting for another financial crisis to degrade the $. :gold:

Assuming that it makes $1b Domestic and the US dollar continues it's paths current page and degrades another 5-10%, what would these make?

Overseas - China:

China:

Edited by IronJimbo

I know comparing theatrical releases to TV shows is like comparing apples to oranges, but between Game of Thrones and Marvel's MCU, which do you think is more popular throughout the world? Avengers 4 will be released about the same time that GOT final season will be released, does anyone think that both juggernauts being released around the same time might effect one another???

48 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I know comparing theatrical releases to TV shows is like comparing apples to oranges, but between Game of Thrones and Marvel's MCU, which do you think is more popular throughout the world? Avengers 4 will be released about the same time that GOT final season will be released, does anyone think that both juggernauts being released around the same time might effect one another???

In the same way a sporting event would effect the box office I guess.

2 hours ago, McNerdy said:

Her singing performance wasn't that good...Chicken song was better imo.

Um are you insane. She danced amazingly and her stage presence was out of this world. That’s real star power.    That other thing was an embarrassment. 

• Haha 1

Re: Eurovision

I'll stay in my bubble and say I like real songs better than mindless spectacle like either the hot chick from Cyprus or the chicken chick from Israel, and I wish Eurovision was more about real songs than mindless spectacle :ph34r: Like, sure, I'm okay that there is mindless spectacle, and the Cyprus song was fun and sexy - while the Israel one did have a powerful meaning, but it was just annoying as shit at the same time - but... to me, Eurovision should be a celebration of music, and instead it's just a celebration of outfits and circus acts. Only makes Salvador Sobral's win more shocking in hindsight. But then again, I am Portuguese, so I'm biased.......... (and you're Goddamn right I'm pissed we were ranked last place IN OUR GODDAMN CAPITAL CITY, fuck you all.)

Anyway, back on topic, @Warhorse I googled GOT's release date and it came up that Maisie Williams denied that it's gonna come out on April/May 2019. That being said, if both come out at the same time, I would definitely expect A4's Sunday holds to be a lot lesser than IW's, as GOT is an absolute juggernaut (and rightfully so).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Re: Eurovision

I'll stay in my bubble and say I like real songs better than mindless spectacle like either the hot chick from Cyprus or the chicken chick from Israel, and I wish Eurovision was more about real songs than mindless spectacle :ph34r: Like, sure, I'm okay that there is mindless spectacle, and the Cyprus song was fun and sexy - while the Israel one did have a powerful meaning, but it was just annoying as shit at the same time - but... to me, Eurovision should be a celebration of music, and instead it's just a celebration of outfits and circus acts. Only makes Salvador Sobral's win more shocking in hindsight. But then again, I am Portuguese, so I'm biased.......... (and you're Goddamn right I'm pissed we were ranked last place IN OUR GODDAMN CAPITAL CITY, fuck you all.)

Anyway, back on topic, @Warhorse I googled GOT's release date and it came up that Maisie Williams denied that it's gonna come out on April/May 2019. That being said, if both come out at the same time, I would definitely expect A4's Sunday holds to be a lot lesser than IW's, as GOT is an absolute juggernaut (and rightfully so).

Real singers stopped going to it sometime ago, imagine if it was each countries most famous singer of that year... that would be nuts.

• Like 2

I think the most likely predictive model for a second Avatar film is the Alice in Wonderland films by Disney. The film, which was a pretty bland film made a whopping billion (big at that time) thanks to 3d hype. And the sequel dipped big time (partially because of being a bad movie). I don't think I see Avatar 2 doing over 1.4 billion.

2 minutes ago, Istealnames said:

I think the most likely predictive model for a second Avatar film is the Alice in Wonderland films by Disney. The film, which was a pretty bland film made a whopping billion (big at that time) thanks to 3d hype. And the sequel dipped big time (partially because of being a bad movie). I don't think I see Avatar 2 doing over 1.4 billion.

I hope you're still around to eat those words in 2020

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think July 2019 would be better for Game of Thrones. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Real singers stopped going to it sometime ago, imagine if it was each countries most famous singer of that year... that would be nuts.

Tbh, if we got the "most famous singer of that year from every country", we'd probably get a lot of shitty singers as well :P Like, I doubt we'd find anyone "dude from Despacito"-bad or Bruno Mars-bad, but still.

18 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Just who the hell do you think I am MovieMan? I've been entertaining $4b for a while now.

It's as simple as this, if it becomes the highest grossing Domestic film, it makes $4b.

And from one end of the loony bin to the other...

Avatar 2 is not beating TFA DOM, lmao. Even if it's bigger than the first in every other market. 

Edited by MovieMan89