Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

20 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

The PC patrol is meant to be Skywalker and see the good in people but instead they're closer to Thanos and would just love to snap they're fingers to delete all racists and bigots.

I don't think that finger snap would work out the way they expect.

6Bk_23.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

This is fanboy talk I am sorry.

When you work 15 hours a day/7 days a week for 2/3 years on a movie, sure , your main goal is to deliver crap.

Sounds legit.

All movies have difficulties and special circumstances surrounding them but 99% of people who work on them strive for greatness.

What would be the point if otherwise really ?

The people who made the movie weren't striving to deliver crap. The execs however were only concerned with deadlines, not quality, and playing catch up with MCU. Nothing was given any time to breathe or really be planned. 

Edited by MovieMan89

29 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

The people who made the movie weren't striving to deliver crap. The execs however were only concerned with deadlines, not quality, and playing catch up with MCU. Nothing was given any time to breathe or really be planned. 

this is why studio-first film-making ill never be able to topple Jim

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

How will Pixar get that throne ? Is there a 2+ billion Pixar movie in the horizon that I am unaware of ?

Pixar has also lost Mr. Hugger, so yeah....

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean their strategy with DCEU before was basically "make movies as quickly as possible and catch up to MCU." Don't think quality was really on their mind when they were aimlessly fast tracking some of those movies.

It took a long time 

Green Lantern (2011) (project stated in 97)

Man of Steel (2013) (development started in 2008)

Batman V Superman (2016), even got an extra year push bacl.

Not sure how much fast tracked or an high volume was the issue here, far from a Iron Man 1 hyper rushed  make dialogue between shooting days situation.

There were rumors of a very rushed Suicide Squad writing (quite special that Will Smith would have accepted that) and Justice League still going on would be an other one, but for those before....

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

All movies have difficulties and special circumstances surrounding them but 99% of people who work on them strive for greatness.

It is a highly union regular job for a lot of the people working on a movie (and most people are not involved in the 3 year's process but just a specific part often not knowing what the movie will be), at least outside hollywood.

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, Hades said:

The DCEU  is in better shape than Star Wars....... Bravo Disney

I don't think anyone is in as bad as shape as DC.

A creatively bankrupt Star Wars franchise is still in better shape than that train wreck.

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I don't think anyone is in as bad as shape as DC.

A creatively bankrupt Star Wars franchise is still in better shape than that train wreck.

Can't believe it took people 4 films to see this.

The Force Awakens was so mediocre and lacked any visual imagination seen in the previous films.

Edited by IronJimbo

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Salon is the best. 

C5VBl8tVcAARnEt.jpg

nickerson2.jpg

as far as I understand pedos are the same as homosexuals, just a chemical/genetic imbalance which caused them to have an irregular sexual orientation.

Sad to think that this thread is pretty useless for now. For a time it was Star Wars on top and people would talk Marvel vs DC -- but then Marvel vs DC became a joke, and it was Marvel vs Star Wars. Then Marvel vs Star Wars became clear cut as well, so it's just Marvel vs nobody, enjoying our sunsets at the top of the mountain. Hopefully blue people can prove a worthy foe come 2020.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

SOrry, but if a movie is bad the writer and director have to take their share..often the lion's share..of the blame.

I know it's cool to blame the evil "execs" for everything; but reality is a lot more complex.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Sad to think that this thread is pretty useless for now. For a time it was Star Wars on top and people would talk Marvel vs DC -- but then Marvel vs DC became a joke, and it was Marvel vs Star Wars. Then Marvel vs Star Wars became clear cut as well, so it's just Marvel vs nobody, enjoying our sunsets at the top of the mountain. Hopefully blue people can prove a worthy foe come 2020.

I agree with the sentiment of this post but you have to remember Avatar and TItanic are still #1 and #2. The fact the whole of hollywood and it's franchises can't get near them is a testament to the brilliance of one man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I agree with the sentiment of this post but you have to remember Avatar and TItanic are still #1 and #2. The fact the whole of hollywood and it's franchises can't get near them is a testament to the brilliance of one man.

On a last 25 years perspective, Cameron is indisputably on top. I was just taking a look at the more recent history state of affairs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

On a last 25 years perspective, Cameron is indisputably on top. I was just taking a look at the more recent history state of affairs.

TFA is up there.  Its weird how those fanboys always leave out the fact that TFA beat Avatar by almost 200m domestic and when you bring that up they go straight to "but muh ovahsees!!!" and then conveniently leave out that fact that Avatar benefited greatly from an incredibly shitty dollar back in 09.

• Thanks 1

Yeah it goes without saying that Cameron is King and everyone knows it. 

Anyways I think it's a good thing if Lucasfilm is stopping all the spin-offs based on preexisting characters. Obi-Wan would be a good film to just get the fanbase together but I reckon it would run into the same problems Overseas as Solo did. Not looking forward to any discussion surround Rian Johnson's trilogy if that goes through.

I would also think they will surely eventually do a sequel to Episode IX and that it will happen sooner rather than later especially with the Solo showing the spin-offs are not automatic box office successes.  

Oh and also Incredibles 2 reaffirms that Michael Giacchino with Pixar is on another level compared to his usual work in live action films.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

If I were James Cameron I would be on the phone right now demanding that ALita be moved, since Fox just announded that As Astra, another big budget space epic,will be opening on Christmas Day, just 4 day after Alita. Even without the very heavy competiion, it makes no sense for a studio to open two huge films aimed at exactly the same demo so close together.