Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Only an extra 300m? More like 1.8b. China is 10x the market it was in 2009 😂

True, true.

Avatar tripled the current champ when it was released in 2009.

3x wolfwarrior is about $2.4b

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Where do you get this from?

Although I do agree that in this pan-media era, the anti-you coverage is often much better than none-of-you-at-all coverage. People are getting so much (fake or real) information from all sorts of media and it's really hard for anyone to leave a strong impression. CNN was slamming Trump all day everyday, but in the election that somehow did more good to Trump than harm.

That was from Jean-François Dumas d'Influence Communication, the president of a firm specialized in analyzing media coverage during a radio Interview.

I am fully aware the male patriarchy is the scourge of the world but how chivaleresque from my Boy Kevin to take care of the Solo Balance sheet for Kathy & Disney.

The Makings of a true gentleman if there ever was one.

-_-:shades: 

Edited by The Futurist

9 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

James "Iron Jim" Cameron

James "2 billies" Cameron

James "Head motherfucker in charge" Cameron

James "Box office king" Cameron

James "King of the World" Cameron

James "Destroyer of Capes" Cameron

James "the innovator" Cameron

James"the visionary" Cameron

James "is there anything he can't do?" Cameron

James "the highest grossing film of all time, not once, but twice though?" Cameron

And let's not forget

James "No Avatar sequel in 10 years" Cameron.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

I'll take @IronJimbo and @JamesCameronScholar over the snyder fans every day.

over the SW fans as well.

The Snyder fans have been sort of quiet lately. But agreed, at their height they were truly unbearable.

I guess it's their blind worship of James Cameron,their tendacy to equate making a lot of money to artistic worth, and their running down of every other franchise that might prove competition to Cameron's latest project that makes me dislike them so. And they do one thing that even the Snyder fans did not do: I never heard a Snyder fan,as over the top as they were, talking about Zack Snyder saving the world the way you hear Cameron fans talks about Cameron saving the world.

The SW fans are probably more to be pitied then censured.

Edited by dudalb

13 minutes ago, dudalb said:

The Snyder fans have been sort of quiet lately. But agreed, at their height they were truly unbearable.

I guess it's their blind worship of James Cameron,their tendacy to equate making a lot of money to artistic worth, and their running down of every other franchise that might prove competition to Cameron's latest project that makes me dislike them so.

The MCU films aren't good and how likely (not likely) it is to compete against Jim doesn't change that. The comedy is weak, they look like they're TV budget (has improved lately), the action is terrible (shaky cam jumps), they don't take risks and they all feel the same. Disney Star Wars is just straight up bad and creatively bankrupt.

Blind worship? Don't make me laugh. Anyone with eyes can see how brilliant the man is, making the two highest grossing films of all time and a handful of instant classics. From my view if you're into film and you don't worship Jim you're blind.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

James "Iron Jim" Cameron

James "the highest grossing film of all time, not once, but twice though?" Cameron

Act.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I guess it's their blind worship of James Cameron,their tendacy to equate making a lot of money to artistic worth, and their running down of every other franchise that might prove competition to Cameron's latest project that makes me dislike them so. And they do one thing that even the Snyder fans did not do: I never heard a Snyder fan,as over the top as they were, talking about Zack Snyder saving the world the way you hear Cameron fans talks about Cameron saving the world.

If we equated money with quality, you'd find us worshiping the MCU. And we aren't running down SW, Kathleen Kennedy is doing a fine job of that herself. Watching a franchise implode isn't the same as wishing it would. There's a lot more out there than the MCU/SW, that's a very narrow-minded view of film.

I'll even admit IW was decent with one or two genuine emotional moments among the million quips and lazy writing. It has a long way to go to catch up with Avatar's tight-pacing and 15 knot-in-your-throat moments (nevermind Titanic's ability to make grown men sob), but at least Marvel is dipping their timid toes in the water of making actual cinema, which is nice to see. 

Finally, find a single moment in the entire MCU/nu-Wars with more heart than a small scene in the least commercially successful film in Cameron's filmography. Unlike Lindsey, I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

James "Iron Jim" Cameron

49 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Act.