Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I'm reading an article about Axl Rose's first concert with ACDC and there's this paragraph.

So, in the end, this monster mash-up of classic rock megabrands avoided becoming the Batman v Superman of hard rock (i.e., loud, flashy but ultimately empty); instead, the Lisbon performance hinted at the new union's potential to be one of the touring hits of the summer – assuming Rose stays under control and AC/DC avoid any further mishaps.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-triumphs-at-ac-dc-debut-in-lisbon-20160507?page=2

10 hours ago, jedieb said:

Don't know if anyone has posted this, but Rolling Stone has an article on BvS and CW:

Civil War' vs. 'Batman v Superman': What Marvel Is Getting Right
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/civil-war-vs-batman-v-superman-what-marvel-is-getting-right-20160509

While the author of the article makes good points I feel this one is a miscue and the last bit a remnant thought from before the film was actually viewed.

Marvel's cast of characters, by contrast, has gotten so big that you almost don't notice the new faces at the party. Civil War introduces Chadwick Boseman's Black Panther and Tom Holland's Spider-Man, both slated to be the stars of their own movies in the near future, to the extent that Cap almost becomes a supporting player in his own movie: If it had been called Avengers 3, no one would have blinked an eye. 

Black Panther and Spider-man were easily noticeable in the film. Both had multiple stand out moments. His "you almost didn't notice" line is laughable.

The Avengers 2.5/3 commentary was rampant bout the net cause we just didn't know the extent of the other players. The cast of characters is together only a few times in the film: Opening sequence, 15min airport fight in the middle, and Caps team on the raft. The other 2hrs of the 2.5hr film focus either on Cap/Winter Soldier/Falcon side of the story, Zemo's quest or Iron Man tracking them. The heart and core of the film is focused on Steve. 

• Like 2

Yea I admit that Holland's Spidey has the potential to be the best spider-man to date. Note I said potential, we haven't seen enough of him to completely judge but hopefully we'll know in Homecoming. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Yea I admit that Holland's Spidey has the potential to be the best spider-man to date. Note I said potential, we haven't seen enough of him to completely judge but hopefully we'll know in Homecoming. 

Sure, I'm optimistic as well. But its easy to forget now that the first couple in 2002 and 2004 were both actually pretty good. Things went down sharply after that.

On 5/10/2016 at 4:44 AM, DeeCee said:

I'm reading an article about Axl Rose's first concert with ACDC and there's this paragraph.

So, in the end, this monster mash-up of classic rock megabrands avoided becoming the Batman v Superman of hard rock (i.e., loud, flashy but ultimately empty); instead, the Lisbon performance hinted at the new union's potential to be one of the touring hits of the summer – assuming Rose stays under control and AC/DC avoid any further mishaps.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-triumphs-at-ac-dc-debut-in-lisbon-20160507?page=2

Lisbon.

Hmmmm. 

The first concert with Axl Rose with AC/DC was in Portugal?

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lisbon.

Hmmmm. 

The first concert with Axl Rose with AC/DC was in Portugal?

I'd think this would be the kind of thing you'd be on top of.

Just now, Wrath said:

I'd think this would be the kind of thing you'd be on top of.

Well, I knew they were here a few nights ago, but I didn't knew it was the first time with Axl Rose as the lead singer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalo said:

Anyone can find pics of celebs happy or sad together. 

batman-v-superman-henry-cavill-ben-affle

Eisenberg looks thrilled lol

Depends. When was the picture taken? Before or after the reviews started rolling in like a giant thunder storm? 

I think it's pretty clear Affleck was not pleased with the way this movie and the reaction to it turned out. 

1 minute ago, junkshop36 said:

Depends. When was the picture taken? Before or after the reviews started rolling in like a giant thunder storm? 

I think it's pretty clear Affleck was not pleased with the way this movie and the reaction to it turned out. 

This pictures was taken during Comic-Con.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I'm sorry, but I'm OUT on the mere idea of a 50LB overweight dude like Axl Rose singing lead for AC/DC.. The Fuck is that all about??  He sounded like shit in the tapes I heard of him singing a reunion with his former band GUNS and ROSES.. A lot of these old acts need to retire and call it a day.. The amount of $$$ they've made throughout their career should be enough for them to not have to do this shit...                                                                                                                                                             

I'd agree that Rose does sound terrible (better than he did when he tried that solo act a year or two ago, but still pretty bad), but I thought he was fine during the quieter songs on the reunion tour (like Patience). As long as he's able to talk people into giving him money to perform, why retire? I mean, he was effectively retired for like 20 years before popping back up. Plus, I love Brian Johnson too, but he's leaving because of medical trouble, not because they're kicking him out for Rose. And Johnson turns *69* this year so while Rose isn't as trim as he was in the 90's, if nothing else he's like 15 years younger than Johnson.

15 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

Oh Yeah I know, but at least it looks like the cast got along with each other, too bad they didn't have a good movie to work with. I feel bad for Ben, he really gave it his all. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CJohn said:

Well, I knew they were here a few nights ago, but I didn't knew it was the first time with Axl Rose as the lead singer.

That just sounds like a horrible idea.   Were Little Richard or Lorretta Lynn not available?